Hysterectomy after all

Options
2»

Comments

• misstaylor84
    misstaylor84 Member Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Update

Not really much to update. I did recently find out my health insurance was canceled BEFORE I was even laid off! How can that be legal?! I got mhy first few doctor bills and already owe over $4000. It's funny that every time I had an appointment they verified my insurance and if it hadn't been good they would have let me know. 

So I'm still waiting for my hubby's insurance to go active December 1 so I can call the CTCA and get a second opinion. I have been avoiding this site and looking at anything related to cancer treatments, hysterectomy, etc because once I start that I am so anxious I can't sleep and I know I will be dealing with enough anxiety the closer to December it gets.  

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thx for Letting Us Know

If it's hard for you to be in the site, that's understandable. I'm sorry you are anxious and depressed, and who can blame you? I hope you can get some time of medication to help you cope as you go through this horrible stuff. If it helps at all, you are NOT alone. We are young, old, low stage, high stage, rich, poor. We are all women with cancer, or with the fear of cancer, in this site. 

Hope your husband has insurance for you soon. Best of luck. 

• Spydergal
    Spydergal Member Posts: 57 Member
    edited October 2021 #24
    Options
    WOW! Unreal

I can't put the words I want to on here, this is you know what, you definitely should not have to go through this. My heart goes out to you, hang in there.

• CancerFreeSunny
    CancerFreeSunny Member Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2021 #25
    Options
    Can you get Medicare? I am

Can you get Medicare? I am not old enough for it but recieve it because I have End Stage Renal Kidney Disease. I wouuld contact Medicare. You may qualify.

• FourBee
    FourBee Member Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2021 #26
    Options
    Fertility Spariing

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33181010/

This is supportive of your position. Don't wed yourself to CCTA. Check out teaching hospitals that have done what you want to accomplish. Call them. Have them review your case. Best wishes.