Help

Hello, My Name is Robert

I was told by a clinic doctor that he wanted to skip to getting a pet/CT scan cause I have throat cancer and we need to see if it has spread, long story short, I have no insurance and can't seem to find anyone here in Florida that can seem to help me to get the emergency  Medicare, I am 57 yrs old and live in Central Florida, if anyone else has had the same issue, please let me know how or who I can call. THANK YOU.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member
    That Sounds Fine

If he is sure it is cancer, oh and by the way welcome to the forum.
    Have you had a CT scan and mainly a biopsy to determine cancer for sure and what type.
    If verified go for the pet that makes sure if you have cancer anywhere else in your body or not.
    Look on your screen on the left side of this site under support programs. Lots of info there and help and scroll down to finding and paying for treatment.
    There are also other resources there to explore.
    Hope this helps.
    Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• Ag123
    Ag123 Member Posts: 54 Member
    edited September 2021 #3
    Hey there

Did they not do biopsy? What were your symptoms that lead them to think it's cancer?

It must be really nervewrecking to go about this with no insurance. Although maybe someone here will know something and help. 

But what if it's not cancer? 

• erinmcmi
    erinmcmi Member Posts: 9 Member
    CancerCare

See CancerCare website for information on patients with no insurance. Call the social work hotline.