This Just In

wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member

I JUST RECEIVED THIS TODAY in an email from HNCA (Head and Neck Cancer Alliance)

It's a free film you can watch on laryngectomees that overcame their issues and sang concerts.
It's available to stream: Sep 9th - Sep 18th and you can see a trailer video now.
There will also be a Q&A By registering for the screening, you will also be eligible to join an exclusive Q&A zoom session. Join HNCA, Bill Brummel, and his personal physician, Dr. Uttam Sinha. Dr. Sinha, on September 14, 2021, at 1:00 pm Eastern. Hear more about Bill's journey, the inspiration for the film, and ask your questions about life as a cancer survivor, laryngectomee, and the inspiration for the film.

So if you are or you know a laryngectomee or are just interested check this out-link below and I am assuming
anyone can sign up because it did not say otherwise and I am not an official member of HNCA I just get their communications.

https://watch.showandtell.film/watch/hnca-screeing-cyhmv?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=913997e5-8cff-446b-a64f-94844f953061

Take care-God Bless-Russ

Comments

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    edited August 2021 #2
    Saw a preview

Thanks for posting this, Russ.  I saw a story on this on a recent news program--CBS Sunday Morning, 60 Minutes, or one of those.  Incredible.

mike

• LitlCJdoll
    LitlCJdoll Member Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2021 #3
    I got it too

Yes, I receive bed it too.!  

For a while I was attending a great Speak Easy ( Laryngectomee) Support Group. They welcomed me in with open arms!!

I cooked for the group, and wow, we had big spreads especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It hurt them that I cannot eat, but I let them know that it did not bother me at all. I was there for the great rapport.

Of course, the pandemic ended our meetings, so sad.

They were a great group, so much love and Fun in those meetings!!  One of my SLPs came to the Christmas party we had.

I really miss them!

Crystal