Ongoing appointments

SuzJ
SuzJ Member Posts: 446 Member

I skipped mine.

I know, I know, but I am all hospitalled and doctored out.

If I never see another it'll be too soon - not just cancer, blew my left knee, and my right hip is bone on bone - which I WAS going to get taken care of so I can ignore it till it hurts again, but my son fell climbing and has .. wrecked is a nice version of what he has done to his foot.

So no. I skipped my Onc follow ups, I just cant..

Comments

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 483 Member
    edited August 2021 #2
    SuzJ

I will admit, that with my travelling schedule, I don't see my ENT or my Oncologist for follow ups, as often as they recommend. 

I assume it would be a good idea to get checked, so if there's any kind of recurrence, one can deal with it as early as possible - but I'm not sure what "optimal" frequency is.

I can certainly relate to you being tired of the whole medical realm, but it may be a reasonable idea to see them at least once a year ... just in case.

Ultimately, of course - it's up to you. I hope your luck changes on the health issues very soon!

MG

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member
    Dear Suz

I know how you feel, we all do.
    But you and many or most of us on here have a cancer situation we went through.
    And unfortunately part of it is the continual follow-ups that are just making sure you are OK.
    Suz make the appointment and get in to see them.
    They are not that often and you are 4-5 years out of treatment I think so you can't be going more than every
    6 months to a year. Correct me if I'm wrong
    This is to make sure you are OK and if anything is going on they can be on top of it while it's small.
    That is the best time.
    I myself had my last cancer episode in late 2019 but it was full of complications and I see my ENT every 3 months for now anyway.
    These are important.
    You worked so hard and went through so much to get where you are "Cancer Free".
    This is just the maintenance to take care of it like the inspection or oil change on your car.
    Only this is much more important.
    It sounds like you are upset about your son's accident and your follow up at the same time and maybe
    you are a bit overwhelmed but all these things will work out he will heal and God will make a way for all you need.
    Suz you get my take on it but if you would like certainly feel free to Private Message Me.
    Suz all the members on here care about each other we are all in the same boat with treatments and follow-ups etc.
    We're here for ya.
    Hope you reset your follow-up, you worked too hard not to do the maintenance and preserve the good work of
    the medical treatments you got and the Blessings from the Lord to you.
    As motorcycleguy says it is certainly your choice but I'm pullin for ya, prayin for ya and for your son hoping for a good recovery.
    Hugs from a distance-Take care-God Bless-Russ