Surgery Thursday

LindseyChristine
LindseyChristine Member Posts: 16 Member

Met with the urologist today. Surgery scheduled for Thursday. Im going to be honest, I'm a mess. Although I am so grateful my surgery is scheduled only a week after finding my mass. I'm still in such disbelief and I am scared s**tless. I'm so afraid this mass is an aggressive cancer and I have a long battle ahead of me. I can't stop thinking about my little boys, I want to see them grow up, get married, have kids of their own. I know you guys get it <3

Comments

• MollyMarie64
    MollyMarie64 Member Posts: 7
    You are going to do GREAT!!!

Thank the Lord that you found the mass.  That is such a blessing.  Even if it's fast growing, you caught it early.  Awesome that you will get it out quickly and will get answers sooner than later. You are going to do GREAT!!!

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited August 2021 #3
    May you have-

a boring and uneventful surgery.

icemantoo

• tgpath1
    tgpath1 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Mine was 7.9cm and required a

Mine was 7.9cm and required a radical nephrectomy...definitely scary but beyond the surgery, there has been no treatment. I think the odds are great that removing it removes the cancer and then you're on active surveillance.  Good luck and stay strong!!

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2021 #5
    You will be fine!

We have all been there before and understand how scare it is to discover the tumor. But at least you don't have to wait for weeks or months for the surgery. Remember the scary part of the surgery is being done where you are sleeping and it is gone once you wake up. Itnis all gonna be ended by end of day Thursday!

Also, keep in mind most small re al tumors are not agressive, so don't worry too much but make sure you bring a couple nice comfy pillows. All the best!

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    edited August 2021 #6
    In a lot of ways, you're

In a lot of ways, you're fortunate.  You found this early, by accident, when it's still more easily treated.  You're having a partial and it's fairly small.  Hopefully it will be robotic.  And the other fortunate thing is there's not a lot of time between diagnosis and surgery.  I was first diagnosed in December, 2013, but since it was very small, I was put on active surveillance.  It wasn't until April, 2016 that it was determined to have grown (and then only by a little).  From there, it was still two months to surgery, so I had a LOT of time to freak out, calm down, then freak out again.

You'll do great and we'll all be here pulling for you tomorrow.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    We get it

When my mass was found my youngest daughter was in 6th grade, I had another daughter starting her senior year of high school and a son in college.  I remember standing by my youngest daughter's open door watching her sleep one night--tears rolling down my cheeks because of the fear I had that I wouldn't see her graduate.  In an earlier post to you, I mentioned this is a diagnosis that can knock you on your a** (or something similar to this statement).  It's just plain indescribable and hard to explain the feeling that comes over you with a life-threatening diagnosis.  If you haven't been faced with it, I don't think you can comprehend the magnitude of emotions that come over you.  Fortunately, you have come to a place where we DO get it and understand the fear you are experiencing.  Trust me when I say, you will get through it.  Surgery is right around the corner.

Keep us posted.

Stub

• LindseyChristine
    LindseyChristine Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2021 #8
    Thank you

Seriously, thank you everyone. Your words are so comforting! Praying for the best for all of us ❤️

• Dnipro
    Dnipro Member Posts: 10 Member
    All will be well!

I pray that everything goes well for you. God bless you.

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Hope your surgery

Went very well with good results!