A few questions about my grandma if anyone can help <3

Options
yentro
yentro Member Posts: 1

Hi, my grandma (late 80s) has just been diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma after noticing a large lump in her breast (measures about 3cm). The mammo indicated that there was no axillary lymphadenopathy. The biopsy revealed moderate cell differentiation (which I think means the cells are growing more quickly than normal but not as quickly as if there was poor differentiation), and also mentioned focal mucin production.

Is focal mucin production common in IDC, or is that indicative that it could potentially be a mucineous carcinoma? And if there is no swelling or lymphadenopathy under her arms, could that mean that the cancer may not have spread to the lymph nodes, and if it did, it could be minimal so potentially below a stage 3 cancer? I am trying to remain optimistic but am scared for her and heartbroken. Please let me know if you have any insight as to how this could be treated/ what the report could mean. She has an appointment coming up, but trying to gather as much info as I can.