MGus

Lydia53
Lydia53 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2023 in Multiple Myeloma #1

Blessings to all,

I was diagnosed with having MGus last year. My levels are low for right now. 

I was referred to this site as I was seeking out a support group.  With so much information out there, I'm curious  to find out how one is coping with this? I still have not received my Covid shot and was wondering who did/did not? I'm just overwhelmed with this condition and Covid.

Thank you.

Comments

• Yelsie88
    Yelsie88 Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2023 #2

Hi Lydia,

I just found your post and realize it’s from a couple years ago, but just wanted to reach out to you because I’ve recently gotten an MGUS diagnosis. I’m only 35 and my numbers are mostly good too. My MGUS is IgM which means I’m susceptible to lymphoma/Waldenstroms rather than myeloma.

I hope you are still doing well and coping with MGUS ok. It’s been a very strange year for me so far, I’m scared to have this but at the same time very grateful it’s MGUS and not considered cancer right now.

Also I got my first 3 covid shots before I knew I had MGUS, but like you I’m leery of getting more even though my doctors advise me to. I totally understand where you’re coming from with that.

Take care,

Alexandra

• Lydia53
    Lydia53 Member Posts: 3 Member

Thank you, Alexandra for your response. I'm alive so grateful. Sucks I have this but as long as my numbers are low, I'm ok.

Blessings