Vitamix owners can you testify?

Options
ozymandible
ozymandible Member Posts: 324 Member

So I bought a Vitamix so I can make tube feed out of real food and then smoothies...  From what I've read you can basically blend anything, add water so it flows, strain and pour in tube?

Just wondering what kind of stuff people make.

Food again, right?  Haha!

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options
    I Don't Know About Vitamix

But over the years I have heard NutriBullet mentioned a lot on here. Here is a link to a CSN search I  did with Vitamix recipes as the subject maybe you can sort through it and find the info you want.  https://csn.cancer.org/search/node/vitamix%20recipes

And here is a search for Nutribullet recipes that may be interchangeable  https://csn.cancer.org/search/node/Nutribullet%20recipes

I did a little reading and it seems people prefer the Nutribullet for traveling and like to use the Vitamix at home.

Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• ozymandible
    edited July 2021 #3
    Options
    Thank you Russ!  I did

Thank you Russ!  I did watermelon(strained so seeds won't clog tube)and home canned beef stew today.  Might do bacon and eggs tomorrow!

• Mainestateofmind
    Mainestateofmind Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Vitamix

We actually bought a Vitamix during our long-term residency in a hotel while my husband was undergoing daily radiation treatment.  It was a great investment.  Favorite foods included soothing cucumber juice when nothing else worked. His feeding tube was for nutrition, the blended juices,etc. to encouraging swallowing. Now that he's eating more, he enjoys smoothies using non-acidic fruits, spinach, all types of milk, and a scoop of nut butter; it blends up great.  Blended mac and cheese (extra milk), fish chowder, beef stew...  (Now I sound like a sales rep!)  Bon appetit!

• LitlCJdoll
    LitlCJdoll Member Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2021 #5
    Options
    Uh, no...

Sorry, I cannot imagine the fish chowder drink.

I'm still in the hospital--- maybe that's why it's turning my tummy off, just thinking about it.  ? ? ?

My weight today, 70.6 pounds. 

• ozymandible
    Options

Uh, no...

Sorry, I cannot imagine the fish chowder drink.

I'm still in the hospital--- maybe that's why it's turning my tummy off, just thinking about it.  ? ? ?

My weight today, 70.6 pounds. 

Ha!  I can't imagine that

Ha!  I can't imagine that either but if you love clam chowder it would be great!  I haven't been able to eat fish in years even if it's fresh out of the ocean.  One or two bites and I start gagging.

Weird because I can eat shrimp and lobster????  But the shrimp has to be cooked in butter, garlic and Tapatio sauce.  Filet o Fish at McD's used to be one of my favorites and I used to love fish and chips drenched in malt vinegar and tartar sauce.  But not anymore.  Ick!

• ozymandible
    Options

Vitamix

We actually bought a Vitamix during our long-term residency in a hotel while my husband was undergoing daily radiation treatment.  It was a great investment.  Favorite foods included soothing cucumber juice when nothing else worked. His feeding tube was for nutrition, the blended juices,etc. to encouraging swallowing. Now that he's eating more, he enjoys smoothies using non-acidic fruits, spinach, all types of milk, and a scoop of nut butter; it blends up great.  Blended mac and cheese (extra milk), fish chowder, beef stew...  (Now I sound like a sales rep!)  Bon appetit!

Even though I can eat again,

Even though I can eat again, I still want to get fruits and veggies and greens for juicing.  Sometimes it's kind of nice to just drink dinner once in a while.  Even before I got cancer I sometimes got kind of tired chewing so didn't really like steak too much.  I always cook meat in the crockpot so it will be tender and easy to chew.

• Kimmy Poo
    Kimmy Poo Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have recipes I came up...are you interested in:

Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup

Bean Soup

Brussels Sprout Soup

Lentil Soup

Pudding Cups with Optional Mashed Banana

Whipped Yams

Protein Fruit Peanut Butter Drink

Let me know I will copy them onto email

• ozymandible
    edited August 2021 #9
    Options
    Kimmy Poo said:

I have recipes I came up...are you interested in:

Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup

Bean Soup

Brussels Sprout Soup

Lentil Soup

Pudding Cups with Optional Mashed Banana

Whipped Yams

Protein Fruit Peanut Butter Drink

Let me know I will copy them onto email

Thanks I have some of those

Thanks I have some of those already.

I'm eating normal food now, except bread-too dry.  Beans and cornbread okay though because I can really soak the cornbread.

Sometimes chewing kind of wears me out but it always has so I just add some gravy or soup to normal food and blend that when I need a rest.  I did that with some rice a few weeks ago.

• Remington25
    Remington25 Member Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Vitamix

I know you have moved on but just for others that use the search bar, I have had a vitamix for several years and they are amazing.  The other major brand that I have used is Blendtec and they are equally as great.  Sams and Costco often have them on specials and even QVC will have decent deals on Vitamix from time to time.