Needing advice

K93
K93 Member Posts: 33 Member

Hi! I have a few questions on what to expect. 

some background, I was referred to a Urolgist due to Frequent urination, and frequent utis. In April, I had a urinallysis done in the office. I was spotting that day as my period started a couple of days later. Never got a call back about anything regarding urinalysis results. Called them and they said no infection present. Fast forward to this morning I received a call that they want to move forward with getting a *camera in bladder (I'm too overwhelmed to think of the word. ) I asked why, and they said due to to the results from my urinalysis in April. I asked for the results and was told I couldn't get them until my appointment. I feel like I'm in the dark and don't know what to expect. 

Comments

• barehead
    barehead Member Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2021 #2
    They are likely referring to

They are likely referring to a cystoscopy, where a flexible catheter with a light and camera is placed inside your urethra and then up into the bladder. Of course, they typically provide some lidocain anestheric in the urethra before the scope.  This is a common diagnostic procedure, and I have lost count of the ones that I have had.  Also, many practices now have patient portals that you can access from your PC.  You can get look up lab results on the portal, so it would be good to gain access to a portal if your physician practice has one.  You may also want to visit bcan.org, which has up to date medical info about bladder cancer.