How soon post treatment were you able to taste and eat?

Options
2»

Comments

• johnsonbl
    johnsonbl Member Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    2 months or so after the end of my radiation...

My taste starting returning...by 6 months it was fully back though some things tasted different.  At 3 years out, those differences are still there.  Sweet stuff isn't as sweet.  Light beer tastes like piss.  I'll eat mexican food for EVERY meal if it's available.

I had surgery and radiation only.  Rads/chemo is quite a bit harsher.

Brandon

• OKCnative
    OKCnative Member Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2021 #23
    Options
    This is one reason I refused

This is one reason I refused a feeding tube. I was told it can definitely delay being able to eat normally - if ever again at all.

Definately was not easy. For a month or two I could only manage to swallow liquids. But I figured since I needed to exercise my throat regardless, I might as well do that with food.

Taste and the ability to eat normally came pretty quickly after treatment ended. Within a month or two I was back to normal. 

• Andy13460
    Andy13460 Member Posts: 115
    edited July 2021 #24
    Options
    Never stopped eating taste

Never stopped eating taste was about normal around 4 months after treatment. Im over 4 years out now and rarely think about it. 

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited July 2021 #25
    Options
    I refused too

Numerous times :) It was like a private dance I did with my Onc's - feeding tube - over my dead body - feeding tube - do I look dead? - feeding tube - STOP already :)

Andy good to see you! Hope you are well