Forum Posting Info

wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,274 Member

Hello folks I hope everyone is doing as well as possible.
I just wanted to post a couple of items relating to posting on the forum.
Some may already know about them and some may not but here goes.

I have found out if you hold down the shift key when you press enter it doesn't skip a line and leave a space between them.
This keeps the lines close and looking like a regular letter when you want it that way.

Also, I already knew but there may be some that don't that if you keep typing it just wraps around and when posted is close together also.

Also to make a blue colored clickable link in your posting--

This is just a "For Your Information" posting to let folks know how to make a clickable link in your posting.

1. First, you might start typing as in answering a post but in this case, I am going to talk about and show how to post a clickable link to a page that explains it. My directions will be for this forum only but the link will show more.

2. Go to the page link you want to insert and copy it and then paste it in your text such as https://community.avid.com/forums/t/117832.aspx

3. Then left-click and hold and drag your mouse over the link highlighting it.

4. Then click on the unbroken chain link in the middle of the editing box above the posting area. A box will open then just repaste the link in the "Link URL" box and then click insert.

Voila, your link is now blue and clickable.

Cheers everyone-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

Comments

• ERomanO
    ERomanO Member Posts: 317 Member
    edited July 2021 #2
    Thanks for this info, Russ.

Thanks for this info, Russ.

Re: Links.  You can also assign a URL to a word or words, like Super Read by using that "unbroken chain link" icon.  Just copy the URL you ewant linked, type your sentence, highlight the word(s) that you want to become a link, click on the unbroken chain link and paste the URL.

Hopefully my "Super Red" link works. :-p