Confused

I have had a spot on breast for years being watched. I have dense breasts and have to have diagnostic exams regularly. I haven't had 1 since 2019 due to Covid and insurance changes etc. I recently moved and new insurance again and new doctor is ordering all kinds of tests. For 2 years my past doctors were running tests for leukemia, lymphoma etc due to blood levels and symptoms etc but tests came back neg. still can't explain swollen lymph nodes and symptoms etc. needless to say this new doctor sent me fir mammogram and they did that new type 3D or something plus regular mammo and ultrasound. In the mammo they found a couple cysts and a shadow. The shadow did not show up in the ultrasound. My reg doc sent me to surgeon for biopsy but I also got letter from mammo people saying test was fine and come back in 6 months. I went to surgeon and he saw d it was up to me if I wanted the biopsy or I can wait 6 months like the radiologist said. He said the office that said that was very conservative. I said I would wait 6 months since I am currently getting ready for another biopsy on my thyroid since it now has microcalcification. I posted on my Facebook and a couple friends think I should not wait snd my husband thinks I should not wait. I have had a benign tumor removed in 1993. Any help would be appreciated especially from those who have gone thru this. 

Comments

• Humbleone
    Humbleone Member Posts: 1
    Please do not wait!

I had a mamogram on early April. There was a tumor however the Radiologist said we could watch it and see. I then said nope. Good thing Invasive Carsanoma! Please get tested. 

• JackieInRichmond
    JackieInRichmond Member Posts: 7
    Please do not wait ! X 2

We agree. Do not wait. Why "wait and see" when it comes to possible cancer? I would have it removed. Best wishes  to you.