Tongue feels tangled in wires

Options
Cdsphd84
Cdsphd84 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2021 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

I'm new.  Tongue squamous cell cancer removed 1/2021 with neck dissection.  I was cautious pretty early--no radiation or chemo, partial glossectomy, no need for flap or graft, left salivary gland removal, 51 left lymph node removal.  I need help. For a few weeks I've noted cord or wire like areas inside my tongue some attach to floor or back of mouth mostly tho from inside tongue.  These can tangle up softer tissue. I can snap the rest of tongue in and out of these; some things feel caught or like left side of tongue and tip is wired up.  It hurts a lot. What can this be. Have others had experience with this and what was the treatment. SLP wouldn't even eval me.  PT isn't sure she can help.  It seems to be slowly getting worse.  Help!

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited May 2021 #2
    Options
    Hello Cd

I think I understand that there are no wires or cords leftover from an operation it just feels like it. I have never run into this anywhere nor heard it discussed on here. Your care team should be on top of this trying to get it worked out for you. I would recommend you try another speech therapist and get some second opinions if necessary, don't wait. Wishing You The Best-Take Care-God Bless-Russ