I'm much better

Mattie65
Mattie65 Member Posts: 82 Member

Hello, friends. I wanted to give all a bit of news, hope, and thanks for the support.

Currently, I have almost all my taste back. My beard grows almost normally (when I let it) and my saliva is almost completely restored as well.

The lymph oedema below my chin has also completely disappeared, and all that is left is a bit of swelling from the radiation.

I'm in good shape, eating well, very, very happy at this point. My mouth opening is improving slowly, but surely.

The support on this forum has been a great help to me, and I don't want to leave without a message. I may come to visit, occasionally.

I hope all are doing well, or at least, recovering. It's been a hard time, and I hope this is the end of that chapter of my life.

All the best to everyone.

Comments

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    edited May 2021 #2
    Mat,

It's ALWAYS GREAT to hear news like this!!

I hope things continue on the upward trend. I know that if nothing else, Cancer gives one a new level of appreciation, for the joys of life!

I wish you all the best, going forward!

MG

• ProustLover
    ProustLover Member Posts: 120 Member

Mat,

It's ALWAYS GREAT to hear news like this!!

I hope things continue on the upward trend. I know that if nothing else, Cancer gives one a new level of appreciation, for the joys of life!

I wish you all the best, going forward!

MG

You mastered it!

Your postive approach was remarkable right from the start.  So glad things are well.  Stoical acceptance of adversity is easier said than done, but you seem to have mastered it!  Best wishes to you going forward. 

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,274 Member
    edited May 2021 #4
    Wow Is It

That time already. It just seems like yesterday you were in the thick of treatment and by golly now look where you are. I am glad for you in so many ways. Treatment techniques are getting better and I think we are seeing more folks like you coming out the other side with good taste, fewer leftover treatment effects, and other small problems. I am so glad you found the support you needed here I know it is a great blessing to me. I am thankful we could offer support. You supported us also with your perspective on things and some ideas we did not think of so it's a mutual support system. Carry on with your life and enjoy but do stop by once in a while and don't forget a couple of times a year Matt runs the Roll Call to see how folks are doing and where they're at. Wishing you the best-Take care-God Bless-Russ

• RodgerM
    RodgerM Member Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2021 #5
    Good to hear more positive

Good to hear more positive recovery !!!!