Random bleeding - advice please

Options
laurabowles1
laurabowles1 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2021 in Anal Cancer #1

Hi, 

first time posting. i finished treatment in September 2019. I find like many others when I am constipated that I have slight bleeding. I've been making a real effort to keep my fiber / veggie uptake trying to alleviate any potential issue. The past week especially I've been really good about this. Then I was out shopping yesterday and out of nowhere I just felt some itching / discomfort there. Came home to find some blood when I wiped. Saw dr about a month ago and she said everything looked good. Should I contact her and be seen? Or does the seemingly out of nowhere of symptom   sound normal? 

thanks and hope everyone is having a good Sunday 

Comments

• annie4145
    annie4145 Member Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes, I finished treatment in

Yes, I finished treatment in 2018, and I still have that issue on occasion.  I think it is just normal because all my scans and tests come back normal.  No signs of relaspe.  Just have periodic doctors' exams to make sure... 

• laurabowles1
    edited May 2021 #3
    Options
    annie4145 said:

Yes, I finished treatment in

Yes, I finished treatment in 2018, and I still have that issue on occasion.  I think it is just normal because all my scans and tests come back normal.  No signs of relaspe.  Just have periodic doctors' exams to make sure... 

Thanks. It just good to get

Thanks. It just good to get reassurance. appreciate others input and you're right remind myself that as long as I'm following dr check ins, it's within normal range. thanks again  :)

• tanda
    tanda Member Posts: 174 Member
    edited May 2021 #4
    Options
    LauraBowles1

the radiated tissues are very fragile...try to keep your stools soft; if necessary ask about Colace which helps soften stools.  If constipation is frequent,maybe prunes,and occasional Miralax will help; also, try to buy soft toilet paper-2 or 3 ply

• laurabowles1
    Options
    Thanks Tanda, appreciate your

Thanks Tanda, appreciate your suggestions!

• Brendaklein
    Brendaklein Member Posts: 121 Member
    edited May 2021 #6
    Options
    Constipation

I have this problem also. 2-1/2 years out from treatment. I use Miralax and stool softeners.