Chemo Fog and Memory Issues

Options
Kauai85
Kauai85 Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm new to board, but thought there would be someone that could relate or offer advice.  I am currently going through chemo again for Ovarian cancer. I have had chemo through various bouts with cancer over the past 11 years.  This time I am 5 rounds in on a Carboplatin/Doxcil cocktail.  I had chemo fog before but noticed it's really getting pretty bad the past month or so.  I ask the same questions repeatedly and forget almost everything unless I write it down.  I try and make lists but often lose my lists.  I just don't understand why it is so much worse this time around. I guess I was wondering if anybody found their ability to concentrate, comprehend, or remember to get worse if you had chemo many rounds of it? Also, was there anything that helped you lift the fog or do you only notice an improvement after you were done.  I guess I'm worried that because it is much worse this time, it will be permanent. Even if nobody has a fix, I guess I'm hoping somebody out there has been through this.  I don't have a ton of support and with Covid keeping me inside it just makes it harder.  Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Daisy22
    Daisy22 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #2
    Options
    chemo fog and memory

I also experience the fog, inability to focus/concentrate on some mental tasks, and I'm taking carboplatin w some other combos. Exercise has helped me overall w mental clarity.