It's Time.

Options
meadowglade
meadowglade Member Posts: 39 Member

After reading a post on port removal, I went ahead and got mine scheduled. It had been quite the road to getting it out. I had it scheduled last October, but due to a family emergency that was reschduled, then the surgery center had an issue. With covid beening so high I just let it go. I called today and got it scheduled on the 30th of April, after my two weeks from my last covid vaccine. I am now ready and excited for it! It is the end of that part of the journey. 

Comments

• meadowglade
    meadowglade Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2021 #2
    Options
    Triple Negative

I will be cancer free from TN on April 9th! I was lucky when surgery was done it was a stage 2a. I entered a trial that helped with finding others treatments for it. I am glad I did it, I was just in the control group, but that was a huge help, most if they don't get the treatment drop out. That trial is doing really well, so I hope it gets on the market in the near future. I had a mammogram in March and was told that I can now go once a year, instead of every six months! The last thing for me is to get my port out. I was hanging on to it "must in case" well if I do need it another one can be put in. 

• Doberlady
    Doberlady Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2021 #3
    Options

Triple Negative

I will be cancer free from TN on April 9th! I was lucky when surgery was done it was a stage 2a. I entered a trial that helped with finding others treatments for it. I am glad I did it, I was just in the control group, but that was a huge help, most if they don't get the treatment drop out. That trial is doing really well, so I hope it gets on the market in the near future. I had a mammogram in March and was told that I can now go once a year, instead of every six months! The last thing for me is to get my port out. I was hanging on to it "must in case" well if I do need it another one can be put in. 

Congrats on your successful

Congrats on your successful journey.

I am just beginning but so happy for you!

• Celebrating Life Momma
    Celebrating Life Momma Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #4
    Options

Triple Negative

Triple negative here too. 2

Triple negative here too. 2 years cancer free here but it was a rare one so unfortunately I am still getting scans every 6 months and bloodwork every 3 months. Actually going inguinal surgery again next Thursday not cancer related... sort of. More a complication/side effect of the radiation on my breast my tissue is breaking down so a whole mess of stuff next week... but still cancer free so there is that :) I too took treatment as part of a trial that I believe was truly beneficial as well. Glad you are fiinally getting your port out... congrats!