my cancer was very aggressive   
love to hear your stories  

xxxdianna

Comments

• thatblondegirl
    thatblondegirl Member Posts: 381 Member
    edited April 2021 #2
    Hi, Dianna

Welcome to this board. I'm sorry you needed to join, but there are many wonderful women to offer help! I normally "hang out" on the uterine board, which is much more active than this one, so you'll have to be patient here. I had/have Fallopian tube cancer & secondary peritoneal, so I read and post on several boards....ovarian & peritoneal, also. As far as research is concerned, FTC is so rare it's gets thrown in with the ovarian research. And our lines of treatment are the same. You could click on my name and read my about me page. I was Stage 2, endomtioid adenocarcinoma. I had my last of 6 chemo infusions about 3 weeks and am waiting for the results of a PET scan. 

i wish you well! Some ladies will come along soon to share there stories!

Hugs, Alicia

• dmcguinty
    dmcguinty Member Posts: 2
    Ovarian

Hi Dianna,

I'm Deb, and in early March was diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian CA.. I have had my 3 chemos, with fantastic response. 90% of the tumors have disappeared. I am scheduled for the big surgery on May 27th. Open from stem to stern, parts removed, and I have a spot in my spleen (with elevated me to a stage 4 ), so my spleen will be removed as well. If she finds other spots, out they go! I will have intra-abdominal chemo during the surgery too. I will then have another 3 rounds, which sucks, because I really want to go back to work!! I am a surgical nurse, so everything is familiar, but getting too familiar, if you know what I mean. 

Luckily, I am a BRCA1 positive, so many oral chemo drugs do well with that for mainenance after it's all over. Are you BRCA positive? I am scared, mostly of what she might find and do....and also don't really enjoy pain! Let me know how everything goes for you. Remember, stay positive, meditate on good results, use visualization of the tumors dying, and know there are a lot more of us out there than you might think. Hoping the best for you, Deb