No antibodies after Covid vaccine - read this

Options
zsazsa1
zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member

I have splenic marginal zone lymphoma, was treated with rituximab (which kills all B lymphocytes), last dose on Dec 9th, 2020.  I had a first Pfizer shot on Jan 24, 2021, and the second three weeks later.  There is a study going on which is testing for antibodies, and titers, after vaccination in people with leukemia and lymphoma.  

https://www.ciitizen.com/LLSCOVIDStudy/?utm_campaign=LLS National Patient Registry&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=116026146&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8PSs3z09E1zBPKQi45sIDgO_0RWcoDXMphNVx9s8-NB4rrcc0bNJWFOROIBPPTrtPwY2QIs-dOAhTD853ReeDcN0m37Q&utm_content=116026146&utm_source=hs_automation&fbclid=IwAR177RB-Sx6NjFnh0EO7EMaLyF10Fpe8ppX1A7X8kivqMCZjEaK4CbL68yY

My result for both came back negative, meaning despite the fact that I was sick as a dog the day after the second shot, for about 12 hrs, I didn't mount a detectable antibody response.  I figure I'll get a 3rd, and maybe 4th dose in June, which will be six months after my last rituximab, and after appointments are for everyone  have been available in my state for over two months.

Others might consider signing up for this study.  The more info, the better.  It will help all of us.

Meanwhile, social isolation goes on for me...