Hyperbaric Oxygen for Salivary Glands question

Options
CaptZ
CaptZ Member Posts: 12

Does anyone have experience with hyperbaric oxygen treatments to improve their salivary gland functionality post radiation? Interested what the results were and if recommended.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options
    I Can Tell You

That I recently had 30 HBOT treatments in preparation for a tooth extraction. I was also to do 10 for a follow-up after the tooth was pulled but had to stop after 6 because it was affecting my vision. I have not noticed any change or improvement in my salivary glands at all. This is the first time I heard it mentioned that it would improve saliva flow. If you decide to get it or anyone on here getting it in preparation for dental work be aware it is known to affect your vision. I got to the point that after a treatment my eyelids would droop and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I also had double vision for 2 weeks before that situation went away. I asked them at the HBOT office if anyone else experienced vision problems and they said yes but not to the extent that it affected me. Also, my vision has changed and I have an upcoming appointment with an ophthalmologist to examine my eyes overall and I figure I will at least need new glasses prescription. Take Care-God Bless-Russ