TORS oncological tonsillectomy No Radiation

Options
Greddy100
Greddy100 Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi Folks, I underwent a unilateral tonsillectomy for biopsy it was HPV+ T1 SCC. Then 7 weeks later went on to have a selective neck level 4 (all clear) and a TORS tonsillectomy (Same side just full resection of tonsil bed) Sept 8 2020. I have been going mad with fear the last couple of months as I have these episodes where I have what I think are viral invasions! It gets sore and raw in a strange feeling kinda way and then in 24 to 48 hours its getting better. Has anyone felt like they feel the Virus at work like this? I have scoured the internet to fine evidence of someone commenting to feeling the presence of viral activity coming and going but no luck! It involves the entire waldeyer's ring, Soft palate tonsillar pillars back of mouth. 

If there anyone in this network who has a good story about successful control from surgery only I would love to hear it? I am going nuts with unexplained strange blisters (coble stone) symptoms coming and going! Six months later I have the breath of a camuto dragon and a horse voice with extra mucus and sensitivity that comes and goes.

Doctors are just wating for somthing big enough to see on the radar that they can offer to cut or cook.

one good PET one good NavDx blood test but I feel that this is going sideways with this decimation that comes and goes in my pharynx!

I am almost to the point of regretting trying surgical control. Feeling like I should have selected some hopefully deescalated Radiation.

I hope you all have the best day thanks in advance for anything you might offer!

James 

Comments

• BeagleDad
    BeagleDad Member Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2021 #2
    Options
    TORS here, too

I wish I had some answers for you.  I had TORS 11-24-20 and same day MRND to remvoe my left tonsil and lymph nodes.  I had + margins under the tonsil.  So our situations are quite different.  I just wanted to make sure you knew this is STILL the place to come for answers, but not sure to many folks here have experienced what you are dealing with to provide any answers.

I had a HORRIBLE 2 weeks post-TORS, but all due to the swelling and sensitivity in my throat and disruption to my esophageal functions.  

In retro, I have often wondered if Ishould have gone direct to chemo/rads since I had to do "low-dose" chemo/rads anyway.  But that is water well under the bridge now. 

I hope your doc has (or will) given you a script for magic mouthwash.  That lidocane really helps the soreness.  As for the mucous, if thick and heavy, we all go through that, so I recommend you pop back over the the page of titlesand read my Radiation Hack for mucous.  (Hint, it includes Benadryl)  It REALLY helped..and is STILL helping ... me deal with this mucous issue.  

Good luck to you and know that folks here are notignoring you ..I just think no one has and experience/advice given your issue and question.

Don (Beagledad)

• Greddy100
    Greddy100 Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2021 #3
    Options
    BeagleDad said:

TORS here, too

I wish I had some answers for you.  I had TORS 11-24-20 and same day MRND to remvoe my left tonsil and lymph nodes.  I had + margins under the tonsil.  So our situations are quite different.  I just wanted to make sure you knew this is STILL the place to come for answers, but not sure to many folks here have experienced what you are dealing with to provide any answers.

I had a HORRIBLE 2 weeks post-TORS, but all due to the swelling and sensitivity in my throat and disruption to my esophageal functions.  

In retro, I have often wondered if Ishould have gone direct to chemo/rads since I had to do "low-dose" chemo/rads anyway.  But that is water well under the bridge now. 

I hope your doc has (or will) given you a script for magic mouthwash.  That lidocane really helps the soreness.  As for the mucous, if thick and heavy, we all go through that, so I recommend you pop back over the the page of titlesand read my Radiation Hack for mucous.  (Hint, it includes Benadryl)  It REALLY helped..and is STILL helping ... me deal with this mucous issue.  

Good luck to you and know that folks here are notignoring you ..I just think no one has and experience/advice given your issue and question.

Don (Beagledad)

Well thanks very much for the

Well thanks very much for the reply and I hope you going to feel spring like warmth today where ever you are!