AFib

Anyone develop AFib during chemo? If so, how long did it take to go away? I had it through 6 cycles and was scheduled for a cardio conversation last Monday and when I went in to get that done, I for the first time in months was in normal sinus rhythm. So they sent me home and for almost a week, I go in/out of AFib. Next week I go to see my cardiologist. 

Comments

• Frances081920
    Frances081920 Member Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2021 #2
    yes I was in the hospital in

yes I was in the hospital in January with it, the ER couldn't convert it, I too was to have a cardioversion but it converted then went back in and then converted again. I have previous history of it but had not had an episode in over 3 years This episode I was started on anticoagulant and was already on antiarrhythmic, I am to have an ablation

• tinacap77
    tinacap77 Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 2021 #3

yes I was in the hospital in

yes I was in the hospital in January with it, the ER couldn't convert it, I too was to have a cardioversion but it converted then went back in and then converted again. I have previous history of it but had not had an episode in over 3 years This episode I was started on anticoagulant and was already on antiarrhythmic, I am to have an ablation

Afib

Thank you for your reply. Did you have shortness of breath with your AFib? My cardiologist thinks my shortness of breath is from the chemo snd my oncologist thinks it's from the AFib. I just finished my last chemo. 

• Frances081920
    Frances081920 Member Posts: 37 Member
    yes I had shortness of breath

yes I had shortness of breath and dizziness sorry you had to go through this 

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    edited February 2021 #5
    Yes

I went into aFib and RVR on Day 3 after my first chemo.  Went to the emergency room and they gave diltiazem repeatedly to get the heart rate down, and by the next morning I was back in sinus rhythm.  I converted when I got up to go to the restroom - go figure.  Because I also developed acute onset neuropathy, it was decided to discontinue taxol for the second chemo.  I wore a heart monitor for 30 days and got through chemo 2 (carboplatin only) and 3 (carbo/taxotere) without further incidents, although I do have PAT and PSVT, which I had before cancer anyway.