Yummy way to get flaxseed oil and ground flaxseed

ozymandible
ozymandible Member Posts: 324 Member

The recipe I saw on the Budwig page called for 1tablespoon of ground flaxseed to be sprinkled on about half a cup cottage cheese blended with a teaspoon of honey and a tablespoon of flaxseed oil.  This could be served on a bowl of fruit.

The ground flaxseed was irritating to my mouth and chewing is such a drag right now.

I added some almond coconut milk, cinnamon and a sliced banana and just made a smoothie out of it.

Comments

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 483 Member
    edited February 2021 #2
    ozy,

Smoothies are a great idea - easy to consume, and also to add vitamins and minerals to ... for recovery.

I don't know where you're at in treatment, but I wish you the best - and a fast return to a normal life!

mg

• ozymandible
    edited February 2021 #3
    I'm not even in treatment and

I'm not even in treatment and my mouth hurts a lot.  Sometimes it really bothers me to chew and move stuff around in my mouth.  Before my diagnosis I had many biopsies on the side of my tongue and little ulcerations in that area for years.  I have topical lidocaine that I dab on the really sore places in my mouth with a qtip and I'll put some in my ear too it makes the referred pain go away.  

I don't put that much on just enough to keep the few spots from hurting don't want to make things worse when brushing my teeth or bite my cheek when I eat.

Maybe whatever I have to deal with won't be as bad as I think since there's already stuff that makes me want to cry when I eat.  Hell, maybe if they can clean up this mess in here I'll actually feel better who knows?

• ozymandible
    edited February 2021 #4
    My husband had chemo/rad for

My husband had chemo/rad for lung cancer.  I used to give him Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed in milk or if you don't do dairy you could use almond milk or something.  That had vitamins in it and didn't taste nasty like ensure or boost(he hated that stuff).  

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 483 Member
    edited February 2021 #5
    ozy,

I remember the mouth pain, and it was tough; I feel for you on that one. Hopefully, after treatment and recovery - it goes away, and you can eat without the pain!

If you helped your husband through the process, you know the challenges.

My GF's smoothies got me through treatment, without ever using my feeding tube. I could chug a 24 ounce cup of it, with no problem - even after my taste was temporarily gone! (I do remember she put some special (very expensive) honey in it - that was supposed to have healing qualities. I'd be glad to ask her about that, if you think it would help.

She did a lot of research on it, and added extra vitamins and minerals to it. If you'd like to PM me on here, I'd be glad to get you two connected. She has helped others with that process.

I wish you the very best outcome; and hope to read on here in a little while, that you're done with treatment, and well on your way to recovery!

mg