Dental financial assistance NEEDED

roadsong
roadsong Member Posts: 2

Hello,  I'm Christine and am trying to help my 56 y/o sister get her teeth fixed.  Cancer free 5 years now but my Lord her teeth!  Black, crumbling, she literally talks with her hand over her mouth and won't smile. Recently divorced, unemployed due to Covid, the same story many of us are experiencing in our world today.   Can anyone please help direct me to any program that will pay for extraction and I assume dentures?  I have had no luck searching online.  Please, any suggestions or information you can share is so appreciated.  Thank you and Happy Holidays. ((((HUG))))

Comments

• Primavera
    Primavera Member Posts: 231 Member
    edited December 2020 #2
    Charity programs

Depending on where you are, maybe there are hospitals with internal dental departments that work with the dental students recently graduated from schools?

They might have plans with easy payments or the charity programs that work with the hospitals might be able to help with the bill.

I'm going through treatment for breast cancer now and I found out (too late) that my hospital had a dental department. I was afraid to go to a regular dentist because of the coronavirus and then I had to start urgent chemo for this cancer, so now I can't go for a while.

• roadsong
    roadsong Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2020 #3
    Primavera said:

Charity programs

Depending on where you are, maybe there are hospitals with internal dental departments that work with the dental students recently graduated from schools?

They might have plans with easy payments or the charity programs that work with the hospitals might be able to help with the bill.

I'm going through treatment for breast cancer now and I found out (too late) that my hospital had a dental department. I was afraid to go to a regular dentist because of the coronavirus and then I had to start urgent chemo for this cancer, so now I can't go for a while.

Thank you for responding

May God bless you as you go through your treatment and may every cell be eradicated.  Have checked that route, nothing close to our hometown.  Now contacting BC organizations directly for direction.  We didn't know at the time that this could be a side effect.  Thank you again and best healthy wishes.