Nerve pain after Thermal ablation

Tugguy
Tugguy Member Posts: 10 Member

Hello gang. About 10 days ago I underwent a thermal abulation on my left kidney to remove a 2 cm tumor. As the recovery days went on, my nerve pain that runs from my left crotch area up toward my waist has gotten worse and worse. It feels like a tingling/bad sunburn on the surface of the skin, a sheet touching it or taking a shower runs my pain level up quite high. I was hoping to  hear if anyone has experienced this strange syptom. Thank you.

Mark

Comments

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    edited December 2020 #2
    Hi Mark.  Most, if not all,

Hi Mark.  Most, if not all, of the folks here went the surgery route for the treatment of their kidney cancer, so you might not get any answers to your inquiry.  In terms of my recovery from a robotic partial, I had a tingling sensation on my outer right hip area for quite a long time.I jokingly asked the surgeon why he hit me with a baseball bat while he operated on me.  Mine was not tender to the touch, more like numb.  It did, finally, go away.  In terms of the nerve pain, if it continues, a call to the physician who performed the ablation might be in order.  From my reading of the literature when I was offered the surgery/ablation choice (4-1/2 years ago), I don't recall pain of the type you're experiencing being mentioned.

• Tugguy
    Tugguy Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2020 #3

Hi Mark.  Most, if not all,

Hi Mark.  Most, if not all, of the folks here went the surgery route for the treatment of their kidney cancer, so you might not get any answers to your inquiry.  In terms of my recovery from a robotic partial, I had a tingling sensation on my outer right hip area for quite a long time.I jokingly asked the surgeon why he hit me with a baseball bat while he operated on me.  Mine was not tender to the touch, more like numb.  It did, finally, go away.  In terms of the nerve pain, if it continues, a call to the physician who performed the ablation might be in order.  From my reading of the literature when I was offered the surgery/ablation choice (4-1/2 years ago), I don't recall pain of the type you're experiencing being mentioned.

Thank you

Thanks for your input. I chose the themal ablation route instead of surgery because they said the cysts were in a perfect position/easy to get at, for this procedure. Since I was about 3 months out from having my right kidney removed, they thought another surgery so soon would be a bit taxing. Anyway, yes I've definately been in contact with my doc, was put on Gabapetin a few days ago, with no change yet. Just thought I'd reach out to this wonderful community to see if this is common. My doc said they have seen this complication but not very often at all. So, I guess I am special. Again, thank you so much for responding. I hope you and yours have a healthy holiday season.