Hi I guess...

2»

Comments

• worriedson714
    worriedson714 Member Posts: 333 Member
    edited December 2020 #22

:’(

I know. I feel we are in a worse position than what my dad realize so that's why I am trying to know what all the next steps could be... but I can't even share it with him because I don't want to worry him.

My mom just told me that they don't want me to spending the money to do the functional profiling and I'm so upset and devastated. I think they are underestimating the seriousness and my dad will suffer for that. 

same

It's so weird cause honestly my dad seems to be handling better then me I get what you mean . Even now he seems to just accepted lifelong chemo as if it's good or something . I want to get a 2nd opinion from a national cancer center but I don't even want to mention it to him cause he seems all most at peace with it which is very confusing to me . 

I have experienced this to not the exact same but like I feel everyday my family isn't taking things serious enough . I know my family loves my dad and I am sure your mom loves your dad . But it seems like some people are to scared to admit how bad cancer really is . So they downplay to keep that fear they feel under control it's a way to cope with it . A very different way then ours which is why it's frustrating to us . 

I'm not sure I'm even right about that it's been all most two years and I struggle with all this still I just wanted you to know your not alone . There are others out there like us who obsess over this and handle it different then the majority of people seem to . 

• MandiePandie
    MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member

same

It's so weird cause honestly my dad seems to be handling better then me I get what you mean . Even now he seems to just accepted lifelong chemo as if it's good or something . I want to get a 2nd opinion from a national cancer center but I don't even want to mention it to him cause he seems all most at peace with it which is very confusing to me . 

I have experienced this to not the exact same but like I feel everyday my family isn't taking things serious enough . I know my family loves my dad and I am sure your mom loves your dad . But it seems like some people are to scared to admit how bad cancer really is . So they downplay to keep that fear they feel under control it's a way to cope with it . A very different way then ours which is why it's frustrating to us . 

I'm not sure I'm even right about that it's been all most two years and I struggle with all this still I just wanted you to know your not alone . There are others out there like us who obsess over this and handle it different then the majority of people seem to . 

Birds of a feather

We do indeed have a lot in common. I think you summed up how we respond and why its frustrating us well. 

There is something to be said for, taking it one day at a time. I mean, we could get hit by a car tomorrow and gone. Happens all the time. So it makes sense that even if we get the worst prognosis to just, try and be in the moment you know? I mean, I am saying all that but its hard to FEEL it. Like you, I want to, find the answers, formulate a plan, have solutions for all possible outcomes, etc...

Im here for you if you want to message me or something. So many people here have such valuable insight, which I cant offer. But they do say that birds of a feather should flock together. Worried children must unite :)

• MandiePandie
    MandiePandie Member Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2020 #24
    Thank you

I appreciate any luck you may be wishing, so thank you. 

The last thing I want is to stress my dad out... I want to be close to him but I feel I am in like, attack mode now, so I am trying not to bother him. I just hope he knows how much I care. 

• worriedson714
    worriedson714 Member Posts: 333 Member

Birds of a feather

We do indeed have a lot in common. I think you summed up how we respond and why its frustrating us well. 

There is something to be said for, taking it one day at a time. I mean, we could get hit by a car tomorrow and gone. Happens all the time. So it makes sense that even if we get the worst prognosis to just, try and be in the moment you know? I mean, I am saying all that but its hard to FEEL it. Like you, I want to, find the answers, formulate a plan, have solutions for all possible outcomes, etc...

Im here for you if you want to message me or something. So many people here have such valuable insight, which I cant offer. But they do say that birds of a feather should flock together. Worried children must unite :)

Alot in common

Your right I feel like being in the moment day by day is the biggest part of fighting cancer and it is easy to say hard to do . We'll get better at it for our dads we have to so we will at this moment I am struggling with it . My dad's having trouble leaking blood from his " man part " and he has a uristomy bag so I am freaking out like what is going on . I sure didn't have no plan for any of that but my dad needs me to be calm and strong so I called the doc and we wait .

Same to you message me anytime it's different kind of pain for us then the rest of the heroic survivors and unite we shall and one day this will be behind our dads and us . Worried children must unite that made me smile I needed that thank you :)