2»

Comments

• RodgerM
    RodgerM Member Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2020 #22
    Options
    Mattie65 said:

My taste …

… just wanted to add the fact that in my case, taste went away within 5 days of radiation, so: I would prefer to advise to not rely too much on being able to eat normally during the first couple of weeks.

It's really very individual and eating gets scarily difficult once the taste problems arise.

yea, I think the taste thing

yea, I think the taste thing has started , nausea is starting to set in too.  
    Not looking forward to things progressively getting worse.

i am having a hard time figuring the timing of when to take all the different meds,  some you have to have on empty stomach. doctors or quick to prescribe them but not much help on managing them.  I'll talk with them on Monday about it.  

thabks again! 

• RodgerM
    edited December 2020 #23
    Options
    Mattie65 said:

My taste …

… just wanted to add the fact that in my case, taste went away within 5 days of radiation, so: I would prefer to advise to not rely too much on being able to eat normally during the first couple of weeks.

It's really very individual and eating gets scarily difficult once the taste problems arise.

Hi and merry Christmas, Tell

Hi and merry Christmas, Tell me more about you process , how bad did swallowing get and what about pain management. I just read on another thread you didn't have surgery just radation.  Was you treatment 7 weeks with chemo once a week? Seems of treatments may be similar.

the radation I am getting is IMRT, so I assume it's similar to yours.  I know things are different for everyone but what was the timing of your symptoms ?  

i was hoping that 10+ gain was going to stick but I've all ready lost most of it my first week, Ive been eating good , plenty this week things still taste good , just finding that I have to eat smaller more often .  Seems I start to get a full fast.  
    What pro active things did you do to help and did it help? 
    thanks again ! 
    rodger 

• Jamesj
    Jamesj Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2020 #24
    Options
    HPV Treatment

Hi I Just finished my treatment. Mine was in the tonsils and other nodes. i also called my treatment a journey. This helped me slow down and notice the people and care people or as I called them Care Angels.

stay positive it helps and remember we are the lucky ones who will be able to watch our family's grow old and enjoy many, many more years. 

God Bless

James

• Mattie65
    Mattie65 Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    RodgerM said:

yea, I think the taste thing

yea, I think the taste thing has started , nausea is starting to set in too.  
    Not looking forward to things progressively getting worse.

i am having a hard time figuring the timing of when to take all the different meds,  some you have to have on empty stomach. doctors or quick to prescribe them but not much help on managing them.  I'll talk with them on Monday about it.  

thabks again! 

Meds

I didn't get any meds. Only prescriptions for calorie drinks, which is the only food I can tolerate, at the moment.

What meds do you get?

• RodgerM
    Options
    Jamesj said:

HPV Treatment

Hi I Just finished my treatment. Mine was in the tonsils and other nodes. i also called my treatment a journey. This helped me slow down and notice the people and care people or as I called them Care Angels.

stay positive it helps and remember we are the lucky ones who will be able to watch our family's grow old and enjoy many, many more years. 

God Bless

James

Yes, James they are truly

Yes, James they are truly care angles.. Yes and thanks for reminding me of what really important .   Cancer has a way of doing that!
    How are things?  any suggestions to help me thru this journey, the unknown of how I will respond certainly is worrisome.