Immunotherapy

Getting a little ahead of myself here but interested to know; Has anyone with a similar diagnosis to mine, ie: a tonsil yanked and a swollen lymph cut out (awaiting whatever chemo and radiation is forthcoming) ....anyways, Has anyone had any treatment / experience with immunotherapy either during, before or after the traditional chemo / radiation?

Cheers in advance for your comments.

TCK  

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited November 2020 #2
    I Know Some On Here

Have had it but it is usually used after the standard treatments don't completely get rid of cancer. Or in my case, I have had cancer 3 times and have had chemo which has left me with side effects so they don't want to give me any more chemo and I have been radiated twice in the head and neck area so no more radiation so they would probably be down to immunotherapy for me. Also, I think a lot of immunotherapy is targeted at certain areas like your lungs for example, or types of cancer. I do not understand it fully but here is a link to the National Cancer Institute explaining it.  https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/immunotherapy