Options
2»

Comments

• The Cincinnati Kid
    The Cincinnati Kid Member Posts: 63 Member
    edited December 2020 #22
    Options
    Thanks PipLily and some good

Thanks PipLily and some good points. I'm starting to hear the same re  supplements. But i'm still good with cinnamon in the coffee, honey and excercise. I think you're quite correct about taking the advice of the professionals. It's definatly a very good thing to go into these early appointments well informed, asking lots of questions, asking for options and even being a tad assertive, but, at the end of the day, most of us here didn;t go to medical school! I recall wife and I being quite educated and assertive on her having a masectomy when she had her breast cancer years back but the surgeon did give that option but talked us out of it and was ultimatly correct about just having a lumpectomy.

• The Cincinnati Kid
    The Cincinnati Kid Member Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So heres something a little

So heres something a little more "out there" This is meditation to help you with chemo radiation and offers a sort of relaxation / visualisation of combating the diesease. You can put it on a phone app too. You know for years, whenever I've felt a cold or something coming on, I've gone to bed visualising my immune cells killing the invading enemy. There's a lot to be said for the power of the mind over the body. I f your interested, I'd say go find pics of what your immune system fighters look like....they are a bit distinct....then go google some pics of what cancer cells look like....a bit like marine . sea urchin jelly fish things....then meditate visualising the good guys vanquishing the bad guys.

Why not!? Beats going to sleep counting sheep.

Anyhow, if you think the meditation thing might help....heres the link.

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health-wellness/podcasts/conditions-diseases