Six years, still NED from metastatic EC

2»

Comments

• takingcontrol58
    takingcontrol58 Member Posts: 272 Member
    edited October 2020 #22

Hi takingcontrol, your story

Hi takingcontrol, your story is amazing, I wonder if you would mind sharing which supplements you take?

Supplements

Frances,

Since I use alot of supplements, I will not list them all, as many are tied to various other processes tied to good health.
    For example, I take iodine because I have dense breast tissue and a large thyroid nodule -low iodine is tied to these conditions.

I will group them by what they are best known for - it is important to target your underlying health issues or vitamin and mineral deficiences
    along with the processes that are involved in cancer formation.  All these supplements do many things- you can look them up to see how
    they address many of the processes involved in cancer formation.  Since there are no cancer drugs that target many of the most important
    processes involved in cancer formation, you can target these processes with supplements, food and non-cancer drugs.

Immune System -it is key to maintain a strong immune system to fight all health issues, not just cancer
    Maitake D fraction
    Shitake
    Chaga
    Coriolus PSP (Turkey Tail)
    These are medicinal mushrooms and are well known for supporting the immune system.

Vitamin D- vital in maintaining a healthy immune system

Anti-bacterial/anti-viral - 20% of all cancers are caused by viruses and bacteria which get into cells and cause mutations
    Oil of Oregano
    Olive Leaf Complex
    Aged Garlic
    Skullcap

Mitochondrial Support- where cell energy and DNA is created
    Vita PQQ
    L Carnosine

Liver Support- the most important organ in the body (filters all toxins) and the most popular site of metastasis
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Rosemary
    Curcumin (is also an antibacterial)

Inflammation - one of the key drivers of cancer and heart disease
    Bosswellia (frankencense)
    Low Dose Aspirin
    Curcumin
    Ginger
    Dilimonene

Some key supplements for targeing processes involved in cancer
    Magnolia (Honokiol)
    DIM
    Kanchanar Guggulu- targets the lymph system to help eliminate toxins
    Black cumin seed oil

I also use Vitamin B12 as metformin keeps your body from absorbing the vitamin, so you have to supplement.

I also make a smoothie nearly every day, that was recommended by my integrative oncologist when I first metastasized>.
    I've been drinking it ever since. Besides healthy fruits (mostly berries) and vegetables, I add:
    Black raspberry powder- best anti-cancer fruit
    Liquid anthocyanins (liquid resveratrol)
    wheatgrass powder
    beet powder
    MCT oil (form of coconut oil)
    flax seeds
    dried apple peel powder
    red/green powder comprised of fruits/vegetables

Alot of these ingredients are anti-oxidants- oxidation is what causes damage in our cells so you need to
    use anti-oxidants to help counter the damage. Consider this another important category to keep yourself healthy.

Again, this is all about keeping my body healthy and my internal systems working properly, so disease doesn't need
    to form, whether it is cancer or covid.  I also eat an organic diet.

If you have any other questions, you can send me an email.

Takingcontrol58

• Frances081920
    Frances081920 Member Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2020 #23

Supplements

Frances,

Since I use alot of supplements, I will not list them all, as many are tied to various other processes tied to good health.
    For example, I take iodine because I have dense breast tissue and a large thyroid nodule -low iodine is tied to these conditions.

I will group them by what they are best known for - it is important to target your underlying health issues or vitamin and mineral deficiences
    along with the processes that are involved in cancer formation.  All these supplements do many things- you can look them up to see how
    they address many of the processes involved in cancer formation.  Since there are no cancer drugs that target many of the most important
    processes involved in cancer formation, you can target these processes with supplements, food and non-cancer drugs.

Immune System -it is key to maintain a strong immune system to fight all health issues, not just cancer
    Maitake D fraction
    Shitake
    Chaga
    Coriolus PSP (Turkey Tail)
    These are medicinal mushrooms and are well known for supporting the immune system.

Vitamin D- vital in maintaining a healthy immune system

Anti-bacterial/anti-viral - 20% of all cancers are caused by viruses and bacteria which get into cells and cause mutations
    Oil of Oregano
    Olive Leaf Complex
    Aged Garlic
    Skullcap

Mitochondrial Support- where cell energy and DNA is created
    Vita PQQ
    L Carnosine

Liver Support- the most important organ in the body (filters all toxins) and the most popular site of metastasis
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Rosemary
    Curcumin (is also an antibacterial)

Inflammation - one of the key drivers of cancer and heart disease
    Bosswellia (frankencense)
    Low Dose Aspirin
    Curcumin
    Ginger
    Dilimonene

Some key supplements for targeing processes involved in cancer
    Magnolia (Honokiol)
    DIM
    Kanchanar Guggulu- targets the lymph system to help eliminate toxins
    Black cumin seed oil

I also use Vitamin B12 as metformin keeps your body from absorbing the vitamin, so you have to supplement.

I also make a smoothie nearly every day, that was recommended by my integrative oncologist when I first metastasized>.
    I've been drinking it ever since. Besides healthy fruits (mostly berries) and vegetables, I add:
    Black raspberry powder- best anti-cancer fruit
    Liquid anthocyanins (liquid resveratrol)
    wheatgrass powder
    beet powder
    MCT oil (form of coconut oil)
    flax seeds
    dried apple peel powder
    red/green powder comprised of fruits/vegetables

Alot of these ingredients are anti-oxidants- oxidation is what causes damage in our cells so you need to
    use anti-oxidants to help counter the damage. Consider this another important category to keep yourself healthy.

Again, this is all about keeping my body healthy and my internal systems working properly, so disease doesn't need
    to form, whether it is cancer or covid.  I also eat an organic diet.

If you have any other questions, you can send me an email.

Takingcontrol58

Thank you takingcontrol for

Thank you takingcontrol for this wonderful information. God bless and keep you in continued good health.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited October 2020 #24

Hello oldbeauty, my goodness

Hello oldbeauty, my goodness a 15 year 3-time fighter and possibly another. May I ask what type(s) of cancer you had and what is your current concern? You are an inspiration to all of us in this group.

Hi Frances:

Hi Frances:

I am also a 15 year survivor of Grade 2, Stage 3A Endometrial Adenocarcinoma.  They were unable to determine a primary.  It was either Endometrial Adenocarcinoma or MMMT.  They decided to go with Endometrial but treat it as Ovarian.    I have had two recurrences.  I have also had ureter bypass surgery.  From HDR Brachytherapy it caused scarring on my left ureter to my bladder.  Gallbladder removal surgery.  My recent surgery in 2018 I had part of my rectum removed and large bowel and also part of my small intestine because my mesh infiltrated it from my 2010 surgery.  That caused me to have an ileostomy for several months.  My most recent surgery also found cancer in two lymph nodes and a micro spot in the vaginal cuff.  I did not do any treatment because they removed those things.

Old Beauty and I go way back!

• Kaleena
    edited October 2020 #25
    Way to go Taking Control!  

Way to go Taking Control!   Thanks for posting.

Kathy (Diagnosed in 2005)

• dgrdalton
    dgrdalton Member Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2020 #26
    Congrats!

So good to hear from you that you are still doing so well!

• Frances081920
    Frances081920 Member Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2020 #27
    Kaleena said:

Hi Frances:

Hi Frances:

I am also a 15 year survivor of Grade 2, Stage 3A Endometrial Adenocarcinoma.  They were unable to determine a primary.  It was either Endometrial Adenocarcinoma or MMMT.  They decided to go with Endometrial but treat it as Ovarian.    I have had two recurrences.  I have also had ureter bypass surgery.  From HDR Brachytherapy it caused scarring on my left ureter to my bladder.  Gallbladder removal surgery.  My recent surgery in 2018 I had part of my rectum removed and large bowel and also part of my small intestine because my mesh infiltrated it from my 2010 surgery.  That caused me to have an ileostomy for several months.  My most recent surgery also found cancer in two lymph nodes and a micro spot in the vaginal cuff.  I did not do any treatment because they removed those things.

Old Beauty and I go way back!

Wow you are amazing, what a

Wow you are amazing, what a fighter. Do you take any supplements or alternative treatments? Thanks for all the info, I appreciate any information you are able to give me, as I am currently undergoing chemo and will start brachytherapy/radiation on 11/02/20. I had total hysterectomy, ovaries and tubes and omentectomy with lymph node biopsy. Mine is papillary serous stage 2, grade 3 tumor, very aggressive so I am likely to have recurrence. I am hopeful but fearful for the future.

Frances

• Kaleena
    edited October 2020 #28

Wow you are amazing, what a

Wow you are amazing, what a fighter. Do you take any supplements or alternative treatments? Thanks for all the info, I appreciate any information you are able to give me, as I am currently undergoing chemo and will start brachytherapy/radiation on 11/02/20. I had total hysterectomy, ovaries and tubes and omentectomy with lymph node biopsy. Mine is papillary serous stage 2, grade 3 tumor, very aggressive so I am likely to have recurrence. I am hopeful but fearful for the future.

Frances

Oh thats right, they did

Oh thats right, they did remove my omentum and also my appendix as they said those are places for recurrences.

Lymph node removal (25 first surgery) (11 second major surgery - 1 micro positive) (15 third major surgery - 2 positive)

I have low B-12 and D so I take those supplements.

(((Hugs)))

Kathy