Round III

Options
124»

Comments

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Futurely speaking

At some point, there may be a correlation between SUV and Ki67 rates within a given sub-type. It will never be a 1:1 relationship, but possibly predictive. Just found my first seven years of medical records. In there are a bunch of SUVs - but I have to find them. Yet, SUV is indicative rather than predictive.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Its amazing to me ...

Just how crude and undisciplined a test the PET is. It certainly is not consistently administered across different organizations and there is no consistent and universally accepted way of interpreting the results.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,813 Member
    edited December 2020 #64
    Options
    Met Onc regarding PET

I met my new oncologist again Friday, to discuss the PET.   While she said that initially the results seemed ominous, after she studied it awhile she feels quite comfortable in concluding that it is more PTGC distributed around.   One reason is perfect blood results, which were indeed extensive:  CBC, Metabolic, LDH, and a slew of others.  I asked if in fact PTGC causes SUV uptake, and she said that yes it does.

The initial CT that got this whole process started about 4 months ago was of the chest only, and therefore these red areas may very reasonably have been there for a  long time. She also mentioned that the locations would be very hard to access for biopsy.

I go back in three months.  On the one hand I am of course thankful and relieved, but her decision disagrees a bit with the radiologist's writeup.  She is world-class, Ivy trained, and certified in both hematology and medical oncology, and I feel good about her judgement and professionalism.   We shall see.  This PTGC, while it affects only people with indolent disease, and even then only rarely, is quite an interesting little bugger.

• PBL
    PBL Member Posts: 366 Member
    edited December 2020 #65
    Options
    Merry Christmas!

Very happy for you, Max. I am sure it willl take some adjusting to this new reality, but  I hope time will only confirm that there is nothing more going on.

PBL

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 904 Member
    edited December 2020 #66
    Options

Met Onc regarding PET

I met my new oncologist again Friday, to discuss the PET.   While she said that initially the results seemed ominous, after she studied it awhile she feels quite comfortable in concluding that it is more PTGC distributed around.   One reason is perfect blood results, which were indeed extensive:  CBC, Metabolic, LDH, and a slew of others.  I asked if in fact PTGC causes SUV uptake, and she said that yes it does.

The initial CT that got this whole process started about 4 months ago was of the chest only, and therefore these red areas may very reasonably have been there for a  long time. She also mentioned that the locations would be very hard to access for biopsy.

I go back in three months.  On the one hand I am of course thankful and relieved, but her decision disagrees a bit with the radiologist's writeup.  She is world-class, Ivy trained, and certified in both hematology and medical oncology, and I feel good about her judgement and professionalism.   We shall see.  This PTGC, while it affects only people with indolent disease, and even then only rarely, is quite an interesting little bugger.

Biopsy?

Any need for additional biopsy? Certainly sounds like it would be a good idea. You have two opposing interpretations of the same PET. Maybe a third one as a tie breaker? How are you feeling?