2»

Comments

• sgold88
    sgold88 Member Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2020 #22
    Options
    Tom M. said:

Treatments and attitude

It sounds as if your wife is doing well coming from where she was eariler. All of us here have delt with the uncertianty of wordering whats down the road. I came to this site to find support and it has proved to be a good thing. Staying positive is key to allot of this. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers as I do for all of us. SandiaBuddy brought up statistics. He's right, your wife or any of us for that matter are not a statistic. The mind is powerful, be calm. Best of luck to your wife and you.

Thanks

Thank you for posting. It seems you have a similar story to my wife. I am glad you are living live and hopefully continue to do so for a long time. Thank you for the good wishes.

• sgold88
    sgold88 Member Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2020 #23
    Options
    NewHere said:

Stage IV Since Late 2014 Multiple Mets Lungs, Spine

And I am doing well overall.

Running around, doing things, but just added updates.  If you check my profile out, when I was diagnosed 5 year survival was about 10%  Click here:

https://csn.cancer.org/user/237551

(Also note as others pointed out, the stats are inclusive of people of all ages and all other health conditions)

NewHere

Thanks for the post. It does comfort us greatly that the statistics are a large soup full of ingredients including different age groups, health conditions and otherwise. I've accepted the likelyhood that my wife will hae recurrances and hopefully I am just plain wrong. Longer term, the doctors feel her age (40 yo), her generally healthy lifestyle and high quality health care team combined will offer her a great chance at making this whole ordeal a "distant memory" one day. Thanks again for taking the time to post.