Checking in and saying "Hello!"

Kaleena
Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member

Hi Everyone:

Sending you all hugs!   Its been a few months since I check in.   I'm hanging in there.   I have a scan coming up in November.  However, my work changed our insurance in September so now none of my cancer doctors or centers is covered.   One good thing is that my doctor who left in April of this year and went into a different insurance plan is now what my work has so I will be able to see him again!   I have a video appointment October 2nd.

September 13th marks my 15th anniversary of when this whole crap started.  Since that time I had chemo, radiation, 7 surgeries, a fractured humerus (8th surgery) and multiple scans.  I am working full time so I am happy for that.  I'm tired of COVID and really need to see and hug people.

Talk to you all soon!

All the best,

Kathy

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited September 2020 #2
    Hi, Kathy

It's so good to see you again.  

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Welcome back

Kathy,

I'm in awe of how much you've persevered through during these past 15 years! And I'm happy to hear that you're still working in these challenging times. Glad you checked back in with us.

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited September 2020 #4
    Wow, Kathy, I didn't realize

Wow, Kathy, I didn't realize it was 15 years you've been dealing with this. I'm so glad you checked in and you're able to work full-time.

SOOOOO good to hear from you!!

Love,

Eldri

• Armywife
    Armywife Member Posts: 451 Member
    Hi Kathy

So wonderful to see your beautiful face! And so proud of your perseverence these 15 years.  A beacon of hope to all of us!

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    edited September 2020 #6
    Hi Kathy, I am very happy to

Hi Kathy, I am very happy to see your beautiful face pop up again. You have been missed.

You are a strong woman. And, your story is very helpful for all fighting this beast.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Kaleena
    edited September 2020 #7
    ConnieSW said:

Hi, Kathy

It's so good to see you again.  

Hi Connie!

Hi Connie!

Nice to see you too!

• Kaleena
    cmb said:

Welcome back

Kathy,

I'm in awe of how much you've persevered through during these past 15 years! And I'm happy to hear that you're still working in these challenging times. Glad you checked back in with us.

Thanks CMB!

Thanks CMB!

And thanks for recovering all those lost posts and keeping us all connected!  

• Kaleena
    edited September 2020 #9

Wow, Kathy, I didn't realize

Wow, Kathy, I didn't realize it was 15 years you've been dealing with this. I'm so glad you checked in and you're able to work full-time.

SOOOOO good to hear from you!!

Love,

Eldri

Hello Eldri

Hello Eldri

Always good to hear from you too!

• Kaleena
    edited September 2020 #10
    Armywife said:

Hi Kathy

So wonderful to see your beautiful face! And so proud of your perseverence these 15 years.  A beacon of hope to all of us!

Hi Armywife:

Hi Armywife:

I've seen you on here many times but I don't think we really have spoken much due to my inactivity.   My apologies for that!

• Kaleena

Hi Kathy, I am very happy to

Hi Kathy, I am very happy to see your beautiful face pop up again. You have been missed.

You are a strong woman. And, your story is very helpful for all fighting this beast.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

Hello Cindi:

Hello Cindi:

Thank you.  I've missed seeing everyone.   You don't realize how much you really need to stay connected until your not.   Thanks for bearing with me!  As you know, I am not very good with words so its hard sometimes for me to say what I want to say.

Love and Hugs!

Kathy