Oral cancer from Nicorette Gum?

Options

Does anyone know how to find information about tongue cancer from long term Nicorette gum use?

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options
    Here is a Google Search

On it read the different articles and you will have to discern for yourself a bit---

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=does+nicorette+gum+cause+cancer

Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Attempt to Answer

Puddin1, 

I will make an attempt to answer both of your posts with this reply. 1. Does anyone know how to find information about tongue cancer from long term Nicorette gum use?  The short answer to that question would be to Google it, but you may find conflicting results since that is what I found. We generally tend to stay away from "Dr. Google", but it can be helpful at times. Several studies have been done and there is a mention of FOXM1 cells, etc. Too long for me to type here.

2. ENT or Oral Surgeon- This is a good question, but as often stated here, "It isn't cancer until the Doctor says it is cancer". If you feel comfortable with your ENT, then return to them, if not, get a 2nd or even a 3rd opinion. I didn't have any indications I had cancer until I felt a small bump under my chin that I didn't remember having in the past. Long story made very short, I ended up at the local ENT who did a needle Biopsy on that Lymphnode that eventually ended up with cancer cells. He in turn ended up sending me to a big city learning hospital for my surgery. 

There can be other factors of why you are getting ulcers in your mouth. Did the ENT rule out Oral Thrush? Others will be along I am sure and are very knowledgeable. 

My Best to You and Everyone Here

• Puddin1
    Puddin1 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2020 #4
    Options
    wbcgaruss said:

Here is a Google Search

On it read the different articles and you will have to discern for yourself a bit---

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=does+nicorette+gum+cause+cancer

Take Care-God Bless-Russ

Does nicorette gum cause cancer

wbcgaruss, Thank you. I'm new at this and not sure this is correct way to respond?

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Puddin

Russ's link is about as definitive an answer as you'll get. Look for the most reliable sites to see what each says, then decide for yourself. Some are fanatics against anything with nicotine, coffee, etc., and their opinions are so biased they'd have you believe nicotine causes earthquakes. Medical research with numerical facts would be a good start to getting an answer.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited September 2020 #6
    Options
    I Use Internet Searching

Because sometimes you find forums with first-hand experience and information listed under reliable sources and known hospitals and other reliable medical sites. The same goes for anything you search such as buying something you have to read carefully and separate the not so credible-let the buyer beware.