Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes

Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

What an example of a fighter, for those of us fighting the fight. 

What a great example for all women, and all men. A life well lived. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-dies-87/story?id=27200334&cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed

Comments

• SandiaBuddy
    SandiaBuddy Member Posts: 1,381 Member
    Justice Ginsburg

Justice Ginsburg was an icon, a fighter and a person with colon cancer.  May she rest in peace.

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    Devastating news. I can't

Devastating news. I can't stop crying. I did see her workout she started because of the colon cancer, and thought, that's it, no excuses not to get in my elliptical tomorrow. Seriously though, her strength is, was, something very few have.

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited September 2020 #4
    She was amazing, I'm with my

She was amazing, I'm with my mom twice a week, and she's an 87yo, and while she's still sharp, she's quite fragile physically, from coping with a worn out hip. I couldn't imagine how RBG dealt with the demands of treatments and being a Supreme Court Justice. Some tough-minded lady she was, RIP Justice Ginsburg..........................................Dave

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    The Notorious RBG was an icon

The Notorious RBG was an icon. I'll expose myself a bit and note that I was an admiinistrative law judge and I also worked in politics. Everyone I know was devastated. I'll think about how she worked through her treatments and Boseman was doing movie stunts and will kick myself if I start to have a pity party.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    edited September 2020 #6

The Notorious RBG was an icon

The Notorious RBG was an icon. I'll expose myself a bit and note that I was an admiinistrative law judge and I also worked in politics. Everyone I know was devastated. I'll think about how she worked through her treatments and Boseman was doing movie stunts and will kick myself if I start to have a pity party.

I have been thinking of you

Glad to see you posting. 

Hope you are healing well. 

Tru

• Real Tar Heel
    Real Tar Heel Member Posts: 307 Member
    Trubrit said:

I have been thinking of you

Glad to see you posting. 

Hope you are healing well. 

Tru

Thanks for asking! I feel

Thanks for asking! I feel like I'm at 60% me right now. I'll be off restrictions soon, so I will be doing more moving around. Definitely don't have the healing powers I used to, lol. MRI in a week.

I hope you're doing well.