Submandibular mass

Chiswick
Chiswick Member Posts: 8 Member

Submandibular region node

Had an incidental left submandibular lymph node 1.5 cm (nodule) found under left jaw - after ultrasound ENT  doctor says it’s palpable though. I originally saw ENT for a boil abscess on right mandible rear section of lower jaw as it wasn’t clearing we believe this was where the novacaine was injected and like a leaky roof bacteria went back there ( I am going through dental implant surgery ) - some implants didn’t take and therefore removed and more bone put in - therefore ultrasound - but it didn’t even show up - dentist prescribed levoquin week later for 10 days and it’s doing fine now cleared almost gone. Can all this dental work cause the enlarged lymph node? - radiologist report says he is not sure if in fact it is just an enlarged lymph node therefore going for biopsy in two weeks.    Biopsy was easy to get into the node because ent said it could be tricky.  But radiologist was wrong on report - ENT on palpating said the node was somewhat firm but not fixed.  Said we usually remove these.  But I wanted biopsy first and that is what we did.  Thoughts?

Had my biopsy this week and ENT office called today and said he wants to see me on Tuesday so I will be freaking out all weekend.

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited September 2020 #2
    Yes This Can Be

Quite worrisome and annoying when you have to wait days to see the doc and think something serious may be going on but then again there may not be. They may just want to talk to you and tell you how they want to proceed with the node and give you any options available. Please don't worry as worry doesn't do a thing. I know I can talk I'm not in your position. Well, I've been through a couple of things and I just try to keep as busy as possible or catch up on some sleep and do my best not to think about it. Maybe pick up the phone and have a chat with some folks or relatives you haven't spoken to for some time or someone else you would like to chat with. Just a couple thoughts. Just figger that they have a good plan worked out for you and want to present it to you that day. The Bible says-Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• Chiswick
    edited September 2020 #3
    wbcgaruss said:

Yes This Can Be

Quite worrisome and annoying when you have to wait days to see the doc and think something serious may be going on but then again there may not be. They may just want to talk to you and tell you how they want to proceed with the node and give you any options available. Please don't worry as worry doesn't do a thing. I know I can talk I'm not in your position. Well, I've been through a couple of things and I just try to keep as busy as possible or catch up on some sleep and do my best not to think about it. Maybe pick up the phone and have a chat with some folks or relatives you haven't spoken to for some time or someone else you would like to chat with. Just a couple thoughts. Just figger that they have a good plan worked out for you and want to present it to you that day. The Bible says-Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Take Care-God Bless-Russ

Thank you Russ!  wise words-

Thank you Russ!  wise words- I did call a friend today and we chatted.  She is having digestive issues and said we all have nodes and said they recently found one on pancreas.   She worked as a dental hygienist so she told me not to worry.  Took a ride to a long time family friend and am spending time with her.  Tomorrow we are having a small group gathering outdoors of a social group I belong to.  Havent seen anyone except through zoom.  My brother told its best that I got biopsy because it's better to be safe.  God Bless!

• johnsonbl
    johnsonbl Member Posts: 266 Member
    You said the abscess and dental work were on your right side?

And the ENT incidently found a node on your left side and that is what you had biopsied?  Well, it certainly wouldn't be a stretch for an abscess or infection to lead to a swollen node but on the opposite side of the body wouldn't be terribly common.  But there are a million things that can lead to a swollen node.

Hopefully your meeting with the ENT was uneventful.

Good luck.

Brandon

• Chiswick
    edited September 2020 #5
    Yes - left side ended up

Yes - left side ended up being a benign pleomorphic adenoma  which I will have removed next month along with the gland.

Never had any indication of this.  Lucky it was found while benign.