Lynparza vs. Zejula

Gretzgirl
Gretzgirl Member Posts: 1

Hi!  Has anyone started on Lynparza then changed to Zejula for maintanence therapy?  I am having a terrible timewith anemia and low blood counts 

with Lynparza.  We have lowered the dose and I'm much better now but Dr. would like to change me to Zejula 200 Mg.  This makes me nervous!  Has anyone

else done this?  My concern is mostly how long did the nausea last (I found Lynparza nausea to be for a month or two but controllable then it just went away) 

and did you have blood pressure issues on Zejula?  Thanks!!  Any help would be great!

Comments

• Hayburner
    Hayburner Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2020 #2
    Went in reverse

Hi! I'm new here and thought I'd share my own experience before I go searching for what I need to k now. Laughing

I have had a reoccurence of ovarian cancer in my lungs and in one lymph node after having been in remission for 14 years. Went through another 18 rounds of chemo (the usual Carbo/placitaxel/avastin) then was given Zejula. I had to quit after a few days as the main side effect was that I became unconscious at odd moments, fortunately never in the car. I've been on Lynparza for 100 days and was just taken off yesterday as my nodules are still showling minimal growth. Not in the plan. The side effects were far less dramatic with Lynparza. Expensive, but tolerable. But got worse as time went on. Blood pressure on Zejula spiked to 158/120. Not acceptable. And that was on 3 BP meds. No anemia or any other effects, but the passing out was too dangerous and the BP readings just too high. On Lynparza BP was about 100/74. 

I suspect this is one of those very individualized response drugs. Good luck! Maybe you'll do better than I did.

• Sarads
    Sarads Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2020 #3
    Zejula

I was on Zejula 300mg for 3 weeks, I had terrible side effects with this. Headaches, weakness at work mostly have to climb the ladder a 3 step one.  Fatigue and couldn't sleep at all.

My palent was low should be 10,000 but was 3000 so the Dr. took me off Zejula. Had inceints in that boost it up. Next day blood shown it was normal. This made me feel awful with no energy.

There should be medication with no side effect that you can have quality of life. I had Ovarian Cancer Surgery was in June and it was a good report becuase I did well in cehmo the Dt. was able to get the tumor out. :)  

There are 2 other choices Survillance flush your port CA125 or Vastine every 6 weeks. See the NP tomorrow so see what she says.

• HisChild
    HisChild Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2020 #4
    Sarads said:

Zejula

I was on Zejula 300mg for 3 weeks, I had terrible side effects with this. Headaches, weakness at work mostly have to climb the ladder a 3 step one.  Fatigue and couldn't sleep at all.

My palent was low should be 10,000 but was 3000 so the Dr. took me off Zejula. Had inceints in that boost it up. Next day blood shown it was normal. This made me feel awful with no energy.

There should be medication with no side effect that you can have quality of life. I had Ovarian Cancer Surgery was in June and it was a good report becuase I did well in cehmo the Dt. was able to get the tumor out. :)  

There are 2 other choices Survillance flush your port CA125 or Vastine every 6 weeks. See the NP tomorrow so see what she says.

Zejula follow up

Checking in to see what the Survillance Flush your port CA125 and Vastine every 6 weeks is?   Did you decide to go with either of them?

God BLess You

Nora