Amygdala cancer

YLRAM
YLRAM Member Posts: 2

Hello friends, It's my first testimonial,

I underwent cancer treatment in the oropharynx, lodged in the amygdala with cisplatin chemotherapy and radiotherapy 35 sessions. During chemotherapy I felt little effect, but when radiotherapy started together in the first week my suffering started. Mouth sores, blisters in the throat, dry mouth, lack of appetite, etc. I had to use a tube when I lost more than 10 kg and at the end I had already lost 20 kg.

I have been recovering for three months, but I still have difficulty speaking and swallowing, without appetite and without taste and pain in my jaw to chew.

To swallow it has to be with broth or with the help of water, and when swallowing right from the beginning of the meal, a few balls appear on the soft palate, at the end of the tongue until the throat and on the sides of the folds of the jaw, they burn a lot and it takes time to pass after the meal.

To breathe, I have the feeling that the soft palate has descended or the tongue has increased, as it is very close to each other, making it difficult for air to pass, I can no longer see the tonsils and the uvula, it seems that there is a direct opening of the nose to uncontrolled throat, because the phlegm descends directly into the throat, interrupting breathing and causing vomiting.

I have been sleeping very little, alternating between drinking water due to the dryness in my mouth and softening that phlegm to expel from the throat, when it explodes sometimes it bleeds, I don't know if the balls are bursting or something inside.

Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Thanks

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,260 Member
    I Am Not Familiar

With this and in fact, looked it up and I believe you had a very serious situation although I can't say I understand it. If you could explain it in basic terms it would help us understand your situation. All I can say is I hope you are working very closely with your medical team to be sure things are progressing as they should. Being three months into recovery is not that long of a time and you have a ways to go. Some of what you are mentioning I can relate to as far as eating, taste, saliva loss, and other things. These things are a rather normal thing for head and neck cancer chemo, rads, and recovery. Be patient it is a slow process and contact your medical team if you think something is not right that's what they are there for and are glad to help-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• YLRAM
    YLRAM Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020 #3
    wbcgaruss said:

I Am Not Familiar

With this and in fact, looked it up and I believe you had a very serious situation although I can't say I understand it. If you could explain it in basic terms it would help us understand your situation. All I can say is I hope you are working very closely with your medical team to be sure things are progressing as they should. Being three months into recovery is not that long of a time and you have a ways to go. Some of what you are mentioning I can relate to as far as eating, taste, saliva loss, and other things. These things are a rather normal thing for head and neck cancer chemo, rads, and recovery. Be patient it is a slow process and contact your medical team if you think something is not right that's what they are there for and are glad to help-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

Hello Wbcgaruss.

Hello Wbcgaruss.

Yes I am practicing patience with a lot of faith in God and meditation, my natural characteristic is that of an anxious and very imperative person, but I understand that at this moment I understand that time does not belong only to me.

Thank you

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    YLRAM said:

Hello Wbcgaruss.

Hello Wbcgaruss.

Yes I am practicing patience with a lot of faith in God and meditation, my natural characteristic is that of an anxious and very imperative person, but I understand that at this moment I understand that time does not belong only to me.

Thank you

YLRAM,

Most of the side effects that you mention, like the weight loss and difficulty in eating appear to be very common in everyone.

The swelling you describe though, is something you should discuss with your Oncologist.

It may be normal, but there may be other treatment for it.

Certainly, I feel that things will get better, and much easier for you in time. It's just difficult to wait - after a person has been through as much as you have....

I wish you all the best, and I believe you'll get help on this site.

mg