My Thomas is gone

Options

Yesterday my Thomas started his new journey.  He's  now free of all the chemo and radiation and their horrible side effects.  He's  free of the hundreds of tests and infusions and lab works.  He's free of the difficulty eating and breathing.  Hes finally free.  He fought one hell of a battle against the odds with dignity and respect and humor.  May your spirit fill the world with beauty. Not all stories are Kumbaya.   Love you forever and always.

Comments

• FOMC
    FOMC Member Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2020 #2
    Options
    MY CONDOLENCES

Pclark, sorry for your loss. Will keep you in my prayers 

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    So sorry

Always sad to hear of one of us dying, of course. From your profile page, looks like it was first caught late, Thomas went to top-notch C Centers, and still lost the battle. RIP, Thomas.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Pclark My Sincerest

Condolences in your time of loss. I am so sorry to hear this news. At these times it is always hard to find the right words and words can not fully express your loss. It is not easy to part with the one we love but as you say in your posting he is now free from all the tests and pain and suffering. But in your lives together and even in the midst of treatments and troubles, I am sure you have gleaned some happy memories. May they give you comfort in the coming days and please know that we here at CSN mourn the loss of one of our members, one of our own. I will continue to keep you in prayer, and may you find comfort in the days ahead-Take care-God Bless-Russ

• Drivingdaisy
    Drivingdaisy Member Posts: 263
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options
    PLClark

I am so very sorry for your lose.  But remember free of pain, treatment, side effects that can go on & on for years but now free to be at peace.  But know not easy on you.  Never easy on those left behind.  But keep the memories close to your heart and always remember Thomas healthy & happy.  Big hugs, Lisa

• Mikemetz
    Mikemetz Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So sorry

I am so sorry for your loss.  You were a loving and dedicated caregiver for Thomas for a long time, and he had a lot of other support in his battle with cancer. You couldn't prevent his passing, but you made his last few months the best they could be.

Mike

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Very Sorry

Pclark, 

I am very sorry to read about Thomas. No words I type here today can ease your pain, but hopefully as time passes, so does the pain and only Fond Memories Remain. 

My Best to You

• ERomanO
    ERomanO Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My most sincere condolences

Pclark21st, may you find peace in your time of grief and love in the lasting memories of Thomas that you will cherich forever.

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2020 #9
    Options
    ERomanO said:

My most sincere condolences

Pclark21st, may you find peace in your time of grief and love in the lasting memories of Thomas that you will cherich forever.

Sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss pclark21st, always sad to read threads where loved ones are lost. God Bless 

• Caregiver60
    Caregiver60 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020 #10
    Options
    So very sorry

So very sorry

• ricksmithgolfer
    ricksmithgolfer Member Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My sincere condolences

So sorry to hear about your loss. I know you were a wonderful caregiver for Thomas. It is always sad to hear about one of our cancer warriors losing their battle with this terrible disease. I remmber when I started my treatment in August, 2018 you were the one that suggested to me to use a mixture of products to prevent radiation burns and they worked perfectly. You were not only a wonderful caregiver to Thomas but also helped others. May Thomas rest in peace and God Bless both of you. Take care. Rick

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    edited June 2020 #12
    Options
    Condolances

We all take it hard when one of us loses the battle.  He fought the good fight.  My condolances to you and yours.

• erinmcmi
    erinmcmi Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2020 #13
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss.

• Joel4
    Joel4 Member Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for your loss.  Sounds like he fought hard, you must be proud.

Cherish the good memories and I pray you find comfort.

Joel