Cetuximab (Erbitux) for advanced Stage IV

So our new PET showed stuff and our prognosis was not great, but were determined to fight all the way.  Chemos dont seem to be working anymore.  We've chosen to go with cetuximab (Erbitux)...no additional radiation at this time. I've heard a rash and possible severe reactions.  Has anyone done just this med for advanced Stage IV met?  If so what can I prepare for to help him

Comments

• PipLily
    PipLily Member Posts: 127 Member
    edited May 2020 #2
    Blessings to you both...

I’m sorry....not a post offering any advice, but just wanted to wish you the very best. You are both in my prayers. What a warrior for your partner you are! I’m hoping you get input here. Keep fighting! Take care and very best wishes!

• Pclark21st
    Pclark21st Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2020 #3
    PipLily said:

Blessings to you both...

I’m sorry....not a post offering any advice, but just wanted to wish you the very best. You are both in my prayers. What a warrior for your partner you are! I’m hoping you get input here. Keep fighting! Take care and very best wishes!

Thank you.  I'm actually

Thank you.  I'm actually getting quite alot of responses and advise on the Fscebook pages I belong to.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,274 Member
    I Also Have Had

No experience with cetuximab and can't offer any advice but along with PipLily want to wish you the best, be courageous, keep fighting, and don't give up. Be confident in the treatment and keep a positive attitude. I hope you find all the information you need to help you deal with this situation. Prayers your way-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• Pclark21st
    edited May 2020 #5
    wbcgaruss said:

I Also Have Had

No experience with cetuximab and can't offer any advice but along with PipLily want to wish you the best, be courageous, keep fighting, and don't give up. Be confident in the treatment and keep a positive attitude. I hope you find all the information you need to help you deal with this situation. Prayers your way-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

Thank you.  We will never

Thank you.  We will never give up and we are trying to alwyas keep a positive attitude becuase any other way doesn't change a thing.

• HobbsDoggy
    HobbsDoggy Member Posts: 276
    edited May 2020 #6
    Thinking of You

Like the others no experience with what you are ging through, but do want to wish you the very best.  Keep fighting and keep the attitude.  I have read in these pages some amazing stories of things that have worked out.  

• dnelson964
    dnelson964 Member Posts: 21 Member
    another suggestion

I am also a stage IV survivor and the erbitux helped stop the growth in mine. But also to greatly boost the immune system to better allow it to kill cancer cells you need a high level of vitamin D in the blood. If not already checked, have a blood test to see where the present Level Of D is at. Then if low, say 30 on 30-90 scale, take 10,000 IU daily and recheck blood until it hits 90. It might take some months but it can help the cancer fight.

Best of luck.

• Pclark21st

another suggestion

I am also a stage IV survivor and the erbitux helped stop the growth in mine. But also to greatly boost the immune system to better allow it to kill cancer cells you need a high level of vitamin D in the blood. If not already checked, have a blood test to see where the present Level Of D is at. Then if low, say 30 on 30-90 scale, take 10,000 IU daily and recheck blood until it hits 90. It might take some months but it can help the cancer fight.

Best of luck.

I have not heard that before.

I have not heard that before...I will definitely check with our oncol...but I dont think we have months...sigh

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    clark21st,

clark21st,

Howdy partner,

I am a bit late to your post but I did go the Erbitux route for my “chemo- light”.  Many do not even consider it a chemo, but whatever you want to call it; it is an alternate treatment (helper) for some of us.  I asked my chemo oncologist why she chose Erbitux over the standard chemo for H&N and she said the way my cancer presented itself made me a good candidate for the Erbitux. Well, good for me.

Anyway, I was stage IVa, BOT, 1 lymph node, HPV+ (surgery, rads, Erbitux).

Good luck, bye now,

Matt