Weight Loss After Cancer

Options
CreativeinDen
CreativeinDen Member Posts: 3

Hello!

I was diagnosed with stage 3A anal cancer. I have completed treatment and I have been found cancer free. 

I have lost 17 pounds since Feb. 18th. Has anyone else experienced this?

Creative in Denver

Comments

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    edited May 2020 #2
    Options
    CreativeinDen

I am so sorry that you had need to find this group. Usually it is busier than at the moment with lots jumping on for support. Maybe the current Covid situation is having an impact! 

I also was stage 3A and completed treatment in January 2013. I can remember exactly how much I lost during that period, but I continued to have digestive issues for some months after, although with getting to know the new normal and allowing for the chemo and radiation to do their work, I learned to manage and eventually stabilised & hopefully this will be the way for you too! 

Kind regards

Liz

• PainInTheBum
    PainInTheBum Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was not overweight but lost

I was not overweight but lost about 35 lbs.  Much of it I believe was just from the stress and worry.  It's been a year since last treatment and I've gained back all but about 15 lbs.  It was hard to put the weight back on during radiation and many weeks after because I was always running to the bathroom.  Almost everything I ate upset my stomach.  But, little by little I was able eat more and not get too sick.  I gave up trying to eat out back then and would bring the food home.  As time went on, I'd eat about half of the meal at a restaurant and bring the rest home to finish, just in case.

• annie4145
    annie4145 Member Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    are you still losing weight,

are you still losing weight, or are you just down from where you started?  I lost about 30 lbs during the whole treatment, but then gained in back in about a year..