Stage 4

Options
swood9008
swood9008 Member Posts: 116 Member

Hello all, I was finally able to find with forum again and log

in! My mom was diagnosed in 2015 stage 2 treated with protocol, recurrence March of 2017 treated with apr

colosotmy in May of 2017, then April of 2019 another recurrence to the vaginal wall. My mom has been on chemo for a year now, every 3 weeks. scans last week show slight growth of

tumor which is the size of a fingernail we are told. But no distance metastasis, doctors are now thinking immunotherapy since chemo has been really taxing on her body. she feels good, hopeful for immunotherapy to not make her feel so awful but keep the tumor

at bay. I want reiterate to anyone new this cancer is very much curable with the protocol treatment please don't get discouraged by my specific case. Has anyone else used immunotherapy for local recurrence? 

Comments

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    edited April 2020 #2
    Options
    Swood9008

Hi there! 
    I am so sorry to here that your Mum has ongoing recurrence. I don't personally know of anyone undergoing immunotherapy but just wanted to wish both you and your Mum all the very best.

Kind Regards

Liz

• HoneyD54
    HoneyD54 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi,

I have not participated in any immunotherapy.  I believe there are others on this site that have and I recal Nivolumab being mentioned.  Here is a link:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/disease/anal-cancer/treatment

Best to you and your mom.  

• swood9008
    swood9008 Member Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options
    In new news after her doctors

In new news after her doctors conference, since she had radiation 5 years ago and it is so small they are going to radiate the same area leas intense for 5 weeks. They said hopeful for remission it will probably come back but we will dea with it then!