Dermal Mets...anyone?

Looking for options with dermal mets from HPV+.  

Comments

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member
    Dermal mets?

Might help to explain it more, Pclark. Your bf still the one w/issues?

• Pclark21st
    Pclark21st Member Posts: 126
    edited April 2020 #3
    Logan51 said:

Dermal mets?

Might help to explain it more, Pclark. Your bf still the one w/issues?

Yes, the area where his trach

Yes, the area where his trach was began having dermal mets...basically the cancer is now on the outside of skin rather than inside as a nodule.  We just spoke with HN surgeon...need a CT but she feels its anchored to trachea and possibly clavicle.  So not sure we can remove with surgery without having a permanent trach and probable unhealing wound.  Going to discuss possible MORE radiation just to that spot...but chemo isnt touching it where chemo seems to address other areas.  Looking for any other options for him

• HobbsDoggy
    HobbsDoggy Member Posts: 276
    edited April 2020 #4
    Second Opinons?

Are you getting more than one opinon?  Hard to do when you are in the middle of something, but it sure sounds like this is a very complex case.  If you are at someplace that is very experienced with this type of cancer and are very comfortable with everything all good, but still never hurts to ask.  Places like Clevelamd Clinic and others will offer a second opinion by phone from reords, something to consider.

My doctor is excllent about supporiting getting another opinion as they may come up with a better idea.  

• Pclark21st
    Pclark21st Member Posts: 126
    edited April 2020 #5

Second Opinons?

Are you getting more than one opinon?  Hard to do when you are in the middle of something, but it sure sounds like this is a very complex case.  If you are at someplace that is very experienced with this type of cancer and are very comfortable with everything all good, but still never hurts to ask.  Places like Clevelamd Clinic and others will offer a second opinion by phone from reords, something to consider.

My doctor is excllent about supporiting getting another opinion as they may come up with a better idea.  

Yes we are at Dana Farber. 

Yes we are at Dana Farber.  The HN surgeon is suggesting this indicates EOL.  So she says would need to trade do nothing and itll continue to grow and may affect his trachea eventually...or surgery which would end in perm trach and prob unhealing wound.  I'm looking for any other options.  I've researched some I'm trying to find anyone who has had alternative TX to dermal mets and side effects.  I'm not ready to give up for him.

• HobbsDoggy
    HobbsDoggy Member Posts: 276
    edited April 2020 #6
    At a Good Institution

Sure seems you are at a good institution.  I have zero experience with what you are going through.  Would not hurt to csll MD Anderdson, they may have other ideas.