Scan Today

Options

Go for my PET scan today.  After 9 and a half years with NED (no evidence of disease) n my ENT thinks there might be something there, but he is not overly concerned, easy for him to say.  As I posted before I am very scared.  I had HPV related neck cancer over 9 years ago.  MY ENT at my yearly check found a massive infection, I was feeling lousy, and gave me antibiotics, feeling better, but still have an issue in my throat, cancer?  Scarring.  He thinks it might be the infection and scarring, but wants the PET to make sure.  In all the time including the first time I have never been so scared.  Sorry to be such a wimp.  

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,285 Member
    edited April 2020 #2
    Options
    You're Not A Wimp

This is always a time of stress when you have a scan coming up. It's a scary time also because we feel good and are confident there's no cancer there but in the back of our mind, there's a maybe sticking there. Try not to worry wishing you the best and saying a prayer for a clear scan-Take Care-God Bless

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hobbs,

We'd all be lying to you, if we said we'd never been scared. The unknown is almost inevitably worse than the reality.

I sincerely hope you get the best possible result from your Scan, today!

mg

• HobbsDoggy
    HobbsDoggy Member Posts: 276
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options
    Thanks Guys

Scan is over.  Just waiting.  At least its done.  Of course I feel every little twinge and slight pain.  The staff was kind and caring.  Bless those in the caring professions.  Will kleep all posted.  Take cafe of yourselves.