Scared to Death.

Options
2»

Comments

• THMoore
    THMoore Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Status Update Scared to Death

After being Misdiagnosed three times, I took everyones advice and went to MD Anderson.  Thank God I did.    

MD Anderson Update #3 (The Road to Surgery)

I wanted to provide the latest information available on my personal journey with Cancer. All required tests were completed last night at 7:30 PM. My primary Physician contacted us at 0800 to explain the results and plan of action moving forward. 

All tests returned showing a malignancy in one area only. My neck Parotid Gland region or saliva gland. The tumor looks to be of a less aggressive nature, but until surgery is performed, and pathology is performed on the tissue, the status is uncertain. Hope is surgery will be the only required action. If not, six weeks of radiation might be required to kill off any remaining cells. We are waiting for a surgical date from the team. It looks most likely to be this upcoming week or so.

It is unbelievable how professional, caring and loving the employees are at MD Anderson. Everyone is a team. Everyone has input. Everyone listens. Everyone wants to learn. Why can’t other facilities operate this way? 

Anyway, once again, I would to thank everyone for all the guidance, prayers, love, and most kind words of encouragement. I can say with 100 % certainty, we love all you from the bottom of our heart. My next update will be post-surgery.