nodes shrunk but not gone

Options

Question re node involvement after treatment. 15 weeks after treatment MRI showed no tumor but 2 mesorectal nodes had shrunk to half their size but not gone away. Stage 3 . Does that mean an APR is next for me?

Comments

• annie4145
    annie4145 Member Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't know.  I thought that

I don't know.  I thought that they waited a full six months before making that decision.  When do you see your doctor next?

• Hoping2bcured
    Hoping2bcured Member Posts: 9
    Options
    annie4145 said:

I don't know.  I thought that

I don't know.  I thought that they waited a full six months before making that decision.  When do you see your doctor next?

Hi,

Hi,

I see him on Tuesday. Is there no other  option? Another treatment cycle maybe?

• annie4145
    Options

Hi,

Hi,

I see him on Tuesday. Is there no other  option? Another treatment cycle maybe?

I am wishing you the best on

I am wishing you the best on your visit.  I think that if it comes to it (they may still have you wait longer), surgery probably woudl be the best next option.  I don't think the area can take much more radiation.   But hopefully it will still resolve itself without that need.  Good luck and let us know what they tell you.

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i think radiation keeps on

i think radiation keeps on working for 6-9 months after finishing treatment. hope all goes well at your appointment

• Hoping2bcured
    edited January 2020 #6
    Options

i think radiation keeps on

i think radiation keeps on working for 6-9 months after finishing treatment. hope all goes well at your appointment

Hi There,

Hi There,

My tumour is gone and I was told the lymph nodes are ok so next follow up in 3 months and MRI in 6 months. I put myself through hell trying to understand the MRI. Word of advice to others..and I know its very hard to do- stay off my chart and wait until you hear what the docs have to say. 

Thanks for responding to me. I'll stay in touch.

• annie4145
    Options

Hi There,

Hi There,

My tumour is gone and I was told the lymph nodes are ok so next follow up in 3 months and MRI in 6 months. I put myself through hell trying to understand the MRI. Word of advice to others..and I know its very hard to do- stay off my chart and wait until you hear what the docs have to say. 

Thanks for responding to me. I'll stay in touch.

If you are on my chart, are

If you are on my chart, are you treating at USCF or UC Davis?  My doctor was Dr. Van Loon and she is awesome!

• Hoping2bcured
    Options
    annie4145 said:

If you are on my chart, are

If you are on my chart, are you treating at USCF or UC Davis?  My doctor was Dr. Van Loon and she is awesome!

Actually I'm in Toronto

Actually I'm in Toronto Canada. Treatment from Dr Shun Wong at the Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Hospital.

• annie4145
    Options

Actually I'm in Toronto

Actually I'm in Toronto Canada. Treatment from Dr Shun Wong at the Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Hospital.

OK.  I thought it was just a

OK.  I thought it was just a University of California program.  :)

• Hollis3
    Hollis3 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020 #10
    Options
    Stay strong, be patient

I had a similar situation - one of my inguinal nodes showed activity on my 3 month CT Scan.  The oncologist told me not to worry - it's not at all uncommon, and the radiation continues to "do it's thing" for at least 6 months post-treatment.

In my 6 month scan, that node was "clean".  

I was very anxious after the 3 month visit... I imagine  you are as well.  What you're going through is not unusual, and I wish you the best possible outcome.