Treatment Update

wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member

Just a quick update. I am starting radiation treatments tomorrow Friday the 27th and if I don’t miss any I will be done Feb. 7th 2020.

They are avoiding as much as possible my old radiation areas and my throat, spine, mandible, etc. and just trying to do what is absolutely necessary to give me a good outcome and not cause any unnecessary damage and hopefully I will not lose my swallowing ability. I am not looking forward to it but they tell me it is a high probability of cancer coming back with no treatment. I am to get 30 treatments with the cyberknife. Thanks for all your prayers it is appreciated-Russ & Linda

Comments

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,034 Member
    Prayers Outbound

Russ, 

Sending Prayers out for both you and Linda. Hopefully you have minimal discomfort and issues during your treatments. 

My Best to Both of You and Everyone Here

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Russ

Prayers and thoughts are with you.

• ProustLover
    ProustLover Member Posts: 121 Member
    edited December 2019 #4
    Mine, too

Russ, prayers and thoughts are with you.

• wbcgaruss
    Thank You

All so much for your prayers-Russ & Linda

• debbiel0
    debbiel0 Member Posts: 134 Member
    Russ and Linda... sending

Russ and Linda... sending positive thoughts and prayers to you.  Believing 2020 can be the best for all of us!

• wbcgaruss
    debbiel0 said:

Russ and Linda... sending

Russ and Linda... sending positive thoughts and prayers to you.  Believing 2020 can be the best for all of us!

debbie I Hope You're Right

I think we could all use some better times-Positive thoughts and prayers your way also-Take Care-God Bless

• ERomanO
    ERomanO Member Posts: 323 Member
    You can never have too many...

Positive thoughts and prayers, and they are headed your way!

• wbcgaruss
    ERomanO said:

You can never have too many...

Positive thoughts and prayers, and they are headed your way!

Thanks ERomanO

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated and I know all the folks on CSN-H & N are pulling for me-Take Care-God Bless

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 728 Member
    Dang it

Sorry that you have to endure this ordeal again Russ.  Yes, my guess is most of us are sending positive thoughts and prayers your way in hopes of a clean get away.

• Dagney1924
    Dagney1924 Member Posts: 30 Member
    Praying the radiation

Praying the radiation treatment is not causing too much damage, and that it will kill the cancer for good.

• wbcgaruss

Praying the radiation

Praying the radiation treatment is not causing too much damage, and that it will kill the cancer for good.

Thanks Dagney and

Everyone else for your kind thoughts and prayers-Russ

• Sabrina23
    Sabrina23 Member Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2020 #13
    Russ you have our prayers and thoughts

God Bless you Russ in getting thru this ordeal I know it is really difficult but know that all of our prayers and thoughts are with you to for fast and speedy recovery and NED!  

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 177 Member
    Sabrina23 said:

Russ you have our prayers and thoughts

God Bless you Russ in getting thru this ordeal I know it is really difficult but know that all of our prayers and thoughts are with you to for fast and speedy recovery and NED!  

wishing you a speedy recovery

Praying that your treatments will go smoothly and finally give you a peace of mind. 

• ricksmithgolfer
    ricksmithgolfer Member Posts: 88 Member
    Praying for a positive outcome and minimal side effects

Russ, I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts, I can't imagine going thru everything you have recently endured. Your one tough man. I'm praying the radiation treatment does the job and that your side effects are minimal. Stay strong and God Bless.

Rick

• wbcgaruss
    Again I Thank

Everyone for their thoughts and prayers-Russ

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 483 Member
    Russ,

I hope your side effects are manageable -and I'm sending a prayer your way!

mg

• Mom68
    Mom68 Member Posts: 108 Member
    Thoughts and Prayers

My thoughts and prayers are with you. <3