Butt/Karen and Other MSS Types - Immunotherapy Trial

Options
NewHere
NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
edited December 2019 in Colorectal Cancer #1

This trial is looking for MSS patients who had chemo stop working

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03953235

A bit more here

https://cancer.columbia.edu/clinical-trials/phase-12-study-grt-c903grt-r904-vaccine-targeting-shared-neoantigens-combination

It is one I am trying to get into. Note that they do a blood test to see if may work.  It is using a couple of vaccines to see if it opens up pathways so immunotherapy drugs nivolumab (Opdivo) and ipilimumab (Yervoy) will be able to work.  I was told a couple of years ago that this type of research is going on (opening up pathways for exsiting drugs for us MSS types) when I went for a second opinion.

Comments

• flutemon
    flutemon Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar trial

I'm stage IV (had right hemicolectomy, liver resection, liver SBRT) and currently on a similar trial. I've done folfiri with Avastin, xeloda (alone), and folfox. Started clinical trial at UTSW 

A Study of Durvalumab (MEDI4736) and Monalizumab in Solid Tumors

Description:

This is a multicenter, open-label, dose-escalation, dose-exploration and dose-expansion study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, antitumor activity, PK, pharmacodynamics, and immunogenicity of Durvalumab (MEDI4736) in combination with monalizumab (IPH2201) in Adult Subjects with selected advanced solid tumors and the combination of durvalumab and monalizumab (IPH2201) standard of care systemic therapy with or without biological agent and monalizumab (IPH2201) with biological agent administered to subjects with recurrent or metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC).

The arm I'm in is for RAS wild MSS. I get cetuximab plus the 2 mabs listed.  After 3 infusions, all of my liver numbers have improved and my CEA has dropped.  I was offered this because after 6 months NED CT scan showed 1 cm new met in my liver.

Apparently there are a number of cancer centers getting folks on this trial.  I'm just hoping for me that it will be effective.  

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Thanks Flutemon

I have those mutations and it is exciting to see that they seem to finally be making breakthroughs for us.  (I have over 70 tumors in my lungs, some in my spine, throughout my lymph nodes and in a muscle, the FOLFORI Avastin stopped working for me two weeks ago).  Really happy to hear your numbers are improving - best wishes for a happy and NED you year for you.

• Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I am currently on immunotherapy trail from MD Anderson. So far only 1 infusion. Had to go tomorrow again. But spent a night in a hospital with a Small emergency surgery. The trail is delaying. Butt who can t sit on a butt because of the last night surgery.,