Checking in

Duggie88
Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member

Hi all

I'm a long timer which possibly makes me a senior citizen of this website. (Everybody has to be sonething) Yesterday was my ten year anniversary of a full neck disection and today I return to the University of Pennsylvania for a yearly check because last year the **** showed up in my right lung. I see a lot of new names which saddens me because I know the reason you are all here and I hate that reason with a passion. I do pop in from time to time but always sit in the corrner and keep to myself. This place has taught me you can get close to people you have never met in person but you have bonded due to circumstance.

For those of you fighting or gearing up for the fight, I am living proof it can be done. It may be the hardest thing you ever go through but it is all worth it.

Good to see Civil Matt is still an outstanding citizen and thank you Matt for all you do not only for the site but also for the encoragement and support to others.

Cancer sucks, it takes lives and changes lives, and if it only changes yours grasp it and live with the changes. Billy Joel was right only the good die young and I plan to be an **** with changes.

Enjoy the day............ I do............ Every one of them 

Jeff

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,451 Member
    Duggie Glad to Hear

about your ten year anniversary. Your battle is an inspiration to us all. And you're ten years out-great news. You also added some humor at times and I still have one I saved from 2015. You posted a cement block picture that said it was an exercise block and to put it on the floor and walk around it twice then you can say you walked around the block twice. I can't post pics but I am looking into it. You also posted this with it-your exercise routine--

I seem to be more tired but I attribute it to my aging. However, I do exercise, I do sit-ups, pull-ups, and jog every day. My wife calls me for dinner, I sit up on the sofa, jog to the kitchen, and pull up a chair.

Duggie Take Care-God Bless Have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year and wishing you many more anniversaries.

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Jeff

I too am a 10 year (and 8 month) Survivor, so welcome to the "Decade Club."

How'd the return trip to the U of Penn go? Hope you left the building with a big smile.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    This is a thing of beauty.

Duggie88, Jeff,  long time H&N  member, Teamster, whoever you are?  Up against the MRI machine and spread ‘em, the real Duggie88 (Jeff) is full of humor and a little tickle should let us know if it is truly you.

Thank you for your vote of confidence (I need some positive reinforcement in my life),

I need to send you a sign which says “CANCER NOT WELCOME HERE!”  You can place it on your front door for your protection.

As a reminder to happier times I am digging out one of my better “NED cards”, which I made for you February 2, 2016.

Later,

MATT

BU

• Duggie88
    edited December 2019 #5
    wbcgaruss said:

Duggie Glad to Hear

about your ten year anniversary. Your battle is an inspiration to us all. And you're ten years out-great news. You also added some humor at times and I still have one I saved from 2015. You posted a cement block picture that said it was an exercise block and to put it on the floor and walk around it twice then you can say you walked around the block twice. I can't post pics but I am looking into it. You also posted this with it-your exercise routine--

I seem to be more tired but I attribute it to my aging. However, I do exercise, I do sit-ups, pull-ups, and jog every day. My wife calls me for dinner, I sit up on the sofa, jog to the kitchen, and pull up a chair.

Duggie Take Care-God Bless Have a Blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year and wishing you many more anniversaries.

Thank you WB Merry Christmas

Thank you WB Merry Christmas and Happy NewYear to you and your family also. I"ve always joked around, even beffore they put me under for the throat surgery there must have been 6 or 8 people standing around me and I asked them why they wear those masks? So I can't pick them out of a line up? I did tell them I was joking.

• Duggie88
    Logan51 said:

Jeff

I too am a 10 year (and 8 month) Survivor, so welcome to the "Decade Club."

How'd the return trip to the U of Penn go? Hope you left the building with a big smile.

Dave

Dave

Congrats on your ten plus anniversary. My appointment went great. Dr. Weinstein looked at the scans and scoped me and said everything looked great. He also said I no longer need any throat scans to which I had an after thought, why. But I will continue to make a yearly trip down to see him

• Duggie88
    CivilMatt said:

This is a thing of beauty.

Duggie88, Jeff,  long time H&N  member, Teamster, whoever you are?  Up against the MRI machine and spread ‘em, the real Duggie88 (Jeff) is full of humor and a little tickle should let us know if it is truly you.

Thank you for your vote of confidence (I need some positive reinforcement in my life),

I need to send you a sign which says “CANCER NOT WELCOME HERE!”  You can place it on your front door for your protection.

As a reminder to happier times I am digging out one of my better “NED cards”, which I made for you February 2, 2016.

Later,

MATT

BU

Matt

Matt

I think of you often and couldn't help to take notice that you aren't on the site as much, but then neither am I. I did retire as Vice President of Teamsters August 1, 2019. Well in actuality I can remember years back one night I went to bed really tired and woke up still tired so I was actually retired back then.  

Take Care Matt

Jeff