Systemic Treatment – my experience and update

124»

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Dr (Snuffy) Myers

has reported on similar cases. At least similar in the sense that PSA would stabilize at a low value without further treatment. But I can't find the YouTube video where he discussses these cases; SORRY!

Whatever, the news is all good with the other tests more or less in the normal range.

Just don't fall out of one your orchard trees!

• Georges Calvez
    Georges Calvez Member Posts: 547 Member
    No news is good news

Hi Vasco,

I suppose no news is good news, unless you have some indication that it is doing something, then you have to assume it is doing not a lot.
    I have seen a few cases where men have reported having a low but persistent PSA for years, but with no noticeable growth in the assumed underlying cancer.
    Maybe the tumour cells have entered a senescent phase, they are still there but they are no longer aggressively multiplying.
    Have a wine, watch the sun go down, hope it continues in the same vein.
    We have had a wet summer, good news for the lawn which is a verdant green, bad news for the barbecue, cat on the canape waiting for the wood burner to be installed!

Best wishes,

Georges

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    edited September 2021 #64

No news is good news

Hi Vasco,

I suppose no news is good news, unless you have some indication that it is doing something, then you have to assume it is doing not a lot.
    I have seen a few cases where men have reported having a low but persistent PSA for years, but with no noticeable growth in the assumed underlying cancer.
    Maybe the tumour cells have entered a senescent phase, they are still there but they are no longer aggressively multiplying.
    Have a wine, watch the sun go down, hope it continues in the same vein.
    We have had a wet summer, good news for the lawn which is a verdant green, bad news for the barbecue, cat on the canape waiting for the wood burner to be installed!

Best wishes,

Georges

Nominally relevant.....

Vasco and Georges,

I have been watching the Spanish drama series Money Heist, which is a massive hit on Netflix in the US.   My question: are all Portugese and Spanish women really that stunning ?

In semi-retirement, I did ATM training and supervision for an armored car provider, and enjoy such programs.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    A little of everything

Max,

I did not see the movie so I do not kwon about those "stunning" women you saw. But here, apart from rain, there are a little of everything. The many sunshine days may influence that tan looks that are typical of stunning latin beauties. Since April that the weather has been for hot and dry. Not good for the vegetation in the southern region where I live. My Ferguson 130 hardly can handle the hard soil. With your ATM experience maybe you could provide me a tip on how to make the Ferguson stronger. Lol

Best,

VG

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 969 Member
    Hard soil?

Hi Vasco,

You might want to get one of these to break up your hard soil.

https://heavyhitch.com/product/ripper-sub-soiler-potato-plow-middle-buster/

Looks like your 130 is rated at 30hp which is around six more than my Deere 1025r at 24.  I use my 1025r to manage my 6.5 acre property, what a labor saving machine.  

Dave 3-4

• VascodaGama
    Dave, thanks for the tip

Unfortunately the soil in my land is the typical reddish made up of clay and sand with a mixture of calcarium at some areas. I have some tools but they don't go deep enough to turn the soil as we would like. I have to wait for the rain to soften it and then ask the professionals to plougth the land with the big guns, or change the Ferguson with a 175hp John Deere. Lol

Thanks

VG

• VascodaGama

PSA now at 2.33 ng/ml

As I commented previously in this thread, my hormonal treatment should restart when the PSA gets to 2.5. I wonder if this close PSA of 2.33 signifies the end of my ADT vacations. In October 2021 I received a letter scheduling me to meet the doctor on January 31st but most probably the hospital is delaying common consultations due to a recent increase of Covid-19 cases. In any case, I am not worry if a delay makes the PSA surge above 2.5 as I know that ADT will work independently of the PSA level. After all what is important is to try keeping the initial protocol of the intermittent modality. Keep a remission level of <0.1 ng/ml during twelve months before restarting the ADT vacation again.

So far I continue being asymptomatic and enjoying my retirement. Finally we got rain here in the Algarve allowing me to get the land prepared for this year's vegetable garden. Probably that become more important that the bandit's activity.

Hope all goes well with the many in this board.

Best wishes,

VG

• VascodaGama

Just reporting on my PSA of this week (14 Jul '22) that come at 2.03 ng/ml.

This is lower than the previous (6 Jan '22) at 2.33 ng/ml. Probably the doctor I am meeting in August, will recommend to continue the vacations off-drugs.

My story is 22 years long and cannot be used to compared with other cases but it is a good read as I explain on my experience since diagnosed in 2000 at 50 years old.

Best wishes to all.

VG

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,277 Member

Time to celebrate once again; have a nice glass of your favorite beverage!

I will be thinking of you as I do the same.